BRVR - Goats League - Climb 26 - Alto de Teix and Port de Benifallim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Staying with the theme of La Vuelta for this week sees me scratching around in Spain for another climb with a decent challenge aspect to it. So the Hor Categorie climb of Alto de Teix and Port de Benifallim, The profile does not do it justice, neither does the average gradient of a mere 2.6% ... be warned there are gradients of 12%+ in the 35.14Km and 1175m of ascent

profile.altodeteix.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Please note that if your rides are not marked as public in BRVR, and you don't let me know your times, I can't update the spreadsheet. ;)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
That's a good'un and the longest ride so far just for good measure. Glad we're staying in Spain as the Vuelta is beginning to hot up and there's a lot to play for on the penultimate stage.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
1:22:44, less than 3 minutes behind Smiljan, I'll have that.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

1:22:44, less than 3 minutes behind Smiljan, I'll have that.
Can you check your times with BRVR and the spreadsheet? Somewhere there is a discrepancy I have you as having done 29 rides in 24:48:05 and BRVR is 24:33:03. I've probably missed an update on one of the earlier rides.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Can you check your times with BRVR and the spreadsheet? Somewhere there is a discrepancy I have you as having done 29 rides in 24:48:05 and BRVR is 24:33:03. I've probably missed an update on one of the earlier rides.
Oh come on, isn't he quick enough already?
:rofl: :rofl:

Actually, I want to find out if it's my error, or BRVR ;)

SmP-62

:rofl: :rofl:

Actually, I want to find out if it's my error, or BRVR ;)

I think there is no error on your or BRVR side. Dave and I have redone some of the older rides because of the new competitor and don’t reported new (better) times yet. I will send update of my results.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I think there is no error on your or BRVR side. Dave and I have redone some of the older rides because of the new competitor and don’t reported new (better) times yet. I will send update of my results.
That was the other explanation of course ;)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
That was the other explanation of course ;)
Hi Aleman & Smiljan @SmP-62.
Smiljan's correct there's no error on your part. I've re-done some rides but didn't want to bog the thread down with my attempts at improving. For what it's worth the extra rides were Flagstaff and Magnolia. If you don't mind I can ask for the spreadsheet to be revised but even then there would still be a discrepancy as my BRVR ride up the Madeleine was faster than my spreadsheet one.
Let me know if you don't mind the additional work and I'll post the times on the relevant thread.

ETA.
The BRVR league includes "Kuhtaisattel from Oetz (West side)" which was done as the UCI World's challenge but still needs to be done for the Goats league

Last edited:
Top Bottom