BRVR - Goats League - Climb 26 - Alto de Teix and Port de Benifallim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hi Aleman & Smiljan @SmP-62.
Smiljan's correct there's no error on your part. I've re-done some rides but didn't want to bog the thread down with my attempts at improving. For what it's worth the extra rides were Flagstaff and Magnolia.
Had the Magnolia one, but not Flagstaff, now fixed.

If you don't mind I can ask for the spreadsheet to be revised but even then there would still be a discrepancy as my BRVR ride up the Madeleine was faster than my spreadsheet one.
Let me know if you don't mind the additional work and I'll post the times on the relevant thread.
It's not really all that much of a hassle (Just don't every beggar do it!!), I tend to do one update a day if there is anything to change, otherwise I'll let them ride ... if it's the really old rides then it might take a day or two until I can be 'bothered' to update it :rofl:

If the Madeleine was done in the 'correct window' then there is no reason for it not to count ... If not it gives you something to aim for to change. It's on my list to re-ride anyway as I need to do that last 4Km without bonking! Even with that though I've still got an extra 6:30 from somewhere :cursing::cursing:

The BRVR league includes "Kuhtaisattel from Oetz (West side)" which was done as the UCI World's challenge but still needs to be done for the Goats league
I suspected that was the case, but added it anyway, just to try and reduce the discrepancy.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Just for fun and giggles, I've gone through the entire challenge and updated your times with those from BRVR Simljan is up to and and correct (23:24:13), yours Dave is still out - I have 24:38:06 and BRVR 24:33:03 ... Something odd somewhere

SmP-62

... Something odd somewhere

There are some deferences how the general classification is done here and in BRVR.

In BRVR ... if some ride is hidden, then it is not visible on the leaderboard of that specific ride ... but ... it is considered in the general classification.

Only deleted rides are out of 'fastest' and 'longest' summary in each challenge.

And also this ... BRVR consider all rides done after challenge is started in march, no matter when the ride was introduced ... if for example Dave rode Madonna del Ghisalo a week ago and again today (as this ride was introduced here), faster time is considered on the BRVR chart, but here only todays time.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Thanks for looking in to this Aleman, there does seem to be something amiss somewhere.
The time for Magnolia should be 0:30:49 set on 25th Sept.
Port de Cabus should be 00:56:50 rather than 00:56:23.
As for the Madeleine the time of 01:23:23 was set as part of the TdF challenge on 5th July so was completed before the Goats league was posted (9th July) The Goats league time should be 01:26:59. (00:03:36 slower)
As Smiljan has pointed out the BRVR considers rides after 20th March whereas the CC one only counts after the thread has been started. Unfortunately for me I did the Madonna del Ghisalo on the 7th so will need to have another go to count for the Goats league.
If you do the above changes we should be able to see how far out I am. At the moment (ignoring Madonna del Ghisalo) my overall time should be 24:36:39 (not 24:33:03 which looks at fastest rides not Goats league rides) which, hopefully, should be the difference between the two Madeleine ride times.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Thanks for looking in to this Aleman, there does seem to be something amiss somewhere.
The time for Magnolia should be 0:30:49 set on 25th Sept.
Port de Cabus should be 00:56:50 rather than 00:56:23.
Right, Just making those two changes brings your time into sync with BRVR, so with that in mind it would appear that BRVR challenge has different criteria, which we all knew anyway, so I'll just not worry about it.

As for the Madeleine the time of 01:23:23 was set as part of the TdF challenge on 5th July so was completed before the Goats league was posted (9th July) The Goats league time should be 01:26:59. (00:03:36 slower)
As Smiljan has pointed out the BRVR considers rides after 20th March whereas the CC one only counts after the thread has been started. Unfortunately for me I did the Madonna del Ghisalo on the 7th so will need to have another go to count for the Goats league.
No One has a time for the Ghisalo yet as it's not been updated on the website, so can be ignored for the purposes of this exercise, having amended the Madeleine ride you are now at 24:36:39, the difference of the two Madeleine rides

If you do the above changes we should be able to see how far out I am. At the moment (ignoring Madonna del Ghisalo) my overall time should be 24:36:39 (not 24:33:03 which looks at fastest rides not Goats league rides) which, hopefully, should be the difference between the two Madeleine ride times.
Yep, everything sorted, I am going to have to stop comparing times between BRVR and here, the spreadsheet is the definitive correct version, assuming I can actually enter figures without numerical dyslexia!! :rofl:

SmP-62

@Aleman thanks for updating my rides. Please update also Star Wars Canyon (1:00:38). Difficult ride, I try to be near Dave and AG until the start of the climb (fresh as possible) and then accelerate to gain advantage. As on my latest rides, I keep my cadence high and manage to spin 104 for an hour. Not easy, but I was surprized, how high the wattage was (comparing with cadence cca 70). There is one downside of such high cadence rides ... I need more time for regeneration.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@Aleman thanks for updating my rides. Please update also Star Wars Canyon (1:00:38). Difficult ride, I try to be near Dave and AG until the start of the climb (fresh as possible) and then accelerate to gain advantage. As on my latest rides, I keep my cadence high and manage to spin 104 for an hour. Not easy, but I was surprized, how high the wattage was (comparing with cadence cca 70). There is one downside of such high cadence rides ... I need more time for regeneration.
That's some impressive spinning, I'll have to try that technique myself but I doubt I could hold 100+rpm for anywhere near an hour.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I really need to work on keeping my cadence up, but I also need to increase my VO2Max for that to happen. I can keep a cadence of 75-80 with no problem, but once I start spinning up at 90RPM+, even in an easier gear my heart rate climbs to crazy levels > 195, and it takes a considerable effort to reduce it down to a 'safer' level

SmP-62

I really need to work on keeping my cadence up, but I also need to increase my VO2Max for that to happen. I can keep a cadence of 75-80 with no problem, but once I start spinning up at 90RPM+, even in an easier gear my heart rate climbs to crazy levels > 195, and it takes a considerable effort to reduce it down to a 'safer' level
I don’t have any issues with heart rate related to high cadence.

Regarding VO2Max: After yesterdays ride my Garmin shows 75. Not bad for my age.

Edit: Parallel to BRVR I allways switch on my Garmin Edge and monitor/record most of the rides there to have more data to analyse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom