BRVR - Goats League - Climb 29 - Colle del Gallo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
A climb for the puncheurs this week with teh 9.41Km climb of the Colle del Gallo ... which also happens to coincide with la Lombardia challenge in BRVR. Just 458m of ascent. (Might I suggest that you leave the Ghisallo until next week :whistle: )

profile.colledelgallo.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Done as part of my personal back to back Lombardia challenge (3:17:31 in total, all in the saddle) which I now regret doing.

0:29:12 for the Colle de Gallo itself, may try again later knowing I can have a rest afterwards.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Bravo, Dave.

And why You regret it?
I wrote the post not long after finishing, now that I've had a shower and something to eat I've had a change of opinion^_^
No I don't regret it but I did question my sanity once or twice especially half way through the last ride (I did them in challenge order, which I think is also the way they will be tackling it for real) but I'd made sure I had plenty of drinks and the fans were cranked up to the max. One thing I wasn't though was bored, which surprised me, as I thought that might have been the main cause of me giving up. I had the radio on and there was always the scenery and wondering what was round the next corner. Just like real life:bicycle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Couldn't see it for looking at it. That's some impressive watts from Smiljan.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Bleeding ludicrous mate, bleeding ludicrous!!
When I was subscribed to Bkool I managed to work my way up to Active 9, knocking on the door of Active 10.
The best I've managed up to now is 4.58 W/Kg which would have elevated me to Pro 4 which is definitely an improvement over this time last year, but that's more down to losing weight than gaining strength. So I reckon I've reached a ceiling for now rather than a plateau. 5 W/Kg is something I could only dream of.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
When I was subscribed to Bkool I managed to work my way up to Active 9, knocking on the door of Active 10.
The best I've managed up to now is 4.58 W/Kg which would have elevated me to Pro 4 which is definitely an improvement over this time last year, but that's more down to losing weight than gaining strength. So I reckon I've reached a ceiling for now rather than a plateau. 5 W/Kg is something I could only dream of.
I'd be seriously happy with your figures, I want to try hitting a regular 3 for now. I do know however that if I could get my life sorted out and start getting on the damn thing regularly I could see some decent improvements. One day soon I will get the time!!

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'd be seriously happy with your figures, I want to try hitting a regular 3 for now.
I want to aim for 3.5W/Kg average this winter ... I'm not far off at around 3.2 to 3.3 but pushing that little bit harder is really tough. I know when I get back on the bike after getting rid of this virus I'm going to have a tough time, as I also need to do at least 200Km a week, just pootling around ... Two Goats Climbs and 2 by 100+Km ride a week should be enough to see me off for good.

SmP-62

Motivation is (almost) half of success ... since end of august somebody is chasing Dave and me with very good new rides and redooing his rides from beginning of the League ... and try to win all the challenges ... nice motivation ... and under heavy 'artillery' fire you ride faster ...

Last time I had no real opponent on Colle del Gallo, but that changed yesterday .... today I was in great mood, feeling fresh, so I have redone this short ride.

Compared to my last ride, I increase the cadence for cca 4% (on 105), the gearing or power per stroke was cca the same, but there was less power drop after first half of the ride ... motivation factor I think ... was happy when it was over ... and also surprised ... 23:50, 5.28W/kg

Last edited:
Top Bottom