BRVR - Goats League - Climb 29 - Colle del Gallo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Motivation is (almost) half of success ... since end of august somebody is chasing Dave and me with very good new rides and redooing his rides from beginning of the League ... and try to win all the challenges ... nice motivation ... and under heavy 'artillery' fire you ride faster ...

Last time I had no real opponent on Colle del Gallo, but that changed yesterday .... today I was in great mood, feeling fresh, so I have redone this short ride.

Compared to my last ride, I increase the cadence for cca 4% (on 105), the gearing or power per stroke was cca the same, but there was less power drop after first half of the ride ... motivation factor I think ... was happy when it was over ... and also surprised ... 23:50, 5.28W/kg
Hi Smiljan, noticed that new "upstart" myself and he's definitely upping the game. So much so I had another crack at Flagstaff a few weeks ago and then the Madonna del Ghisallo today, glad to say I knocked him off his perch and noticed you did the same. Pity he doesn't frequent these boards as it would open the league right up. Will you be doing the res

SmP-62

Hi Dave, i'm not sure your last sentence is finished.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Hi Dave, i'm not sure your last sentence is finished.
That's strange, as I normally prooof reed everything before potsing! However the forum kept asking me to log in despite already being logged in so something strange was going on there. Apologies for not getting back earlier but honourable No1 son persuaded me to join him down town for a pint :cheers:and I've only now gotten home.

To complete my post, it should have finished as:
Will you be doing the rest of the Lombardia challenge?

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I will do Madonna del Ghisalo (if it will be League ride, I think it can happend next week), for both not-moutain rides I’m not sure ... I just have no fun with flat and up-and-down rides.
Yeh, I think I jumped the gun with that one but it's all strength to the legs and helps keep the weight in check. I'll give the Gallo another try soon to see how close I can get to your time but I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

SmP-62

I'll give the Gallo another try soon to see how close I can get to your time but I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.
Since I'm back from US (until then I trained for long US climbs, so power was not primary goal) I start with short, but much more powerfull trainings. And I had to do all League rides I was missing because of US trainings and rides in real life. So long story short ... I'm now much better on 'short' climbs.

I will be happy (for you), if you even beat my time. It make more sence to watch on our new friend, which is at the moment cca 5 minutes ahead of you in the League. I (still) have quite comfortable lead, but have done my not-top rides again ... just in case. If needed, I will do again some more ... motivation is the key factor ... :smile:

SmP-62

This is just a warning to you lot .... Do not attempt to confuse Simljan now by quoting from the dead parrot sketch!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank God for Google ... and Monty Python

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hi Smiljan, noticed that new "upstart" myself and he's definitely upping the game.
Is that Alan Gunner? He looks to be about the only one that has a hope of getting close to you two. I'm hoping to return to cycling this week after nearly 4 weeks dealing with a virus and a respiratory tract infection ... Indeed I'm just on the computer looking for a suitable ride for a pootle tonight ... Fancy the Innbruck TT course ... well the first 40Km of it :eek:

For those of you who are fully fit you can find this weeks ride >>> Here <<<

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Is that Alan Gunner? ..

Yes that's the lad, pity he's not part of the league, I wonder if he knows it exists?. Mind, it looks like he's already ahead of me or will be by the time he's caught up with all the rides. Looks like I'll be revisiting some of the ones I was pants on.

Hope you start feeling up to some of your more rigorous rides soon, there's nothing worse than being unable to shake a virus off especially if those around you are feeling fine.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I will do Madonna del Ghisalo (if it will be League ride, I think it can happend next week), for both not-moutain rides I’m not sure ... I just have no fun with flat and up-and-down rides.
Just noticed you've racked up a few rides on the Lombardia challenge. For someone who doesn't like flat rides that's some impressive times, or did you just go that fast to get them over with quicker?:laugh:

SmP-62

Just noticed you've racked up a few rides on the Lombardia challenge. For someone who doesn't like flat rides that's some impressive times, or did you just go that fast to get them over with quicker?:laugh:
Yes .... :smile: .... motivation is the key word.

On the last ride (Bellagio), I had in mind duration cca 28 minutes with average 305W and rode according to that ... on 14th minute ... ohhh, half done ... then still 8 ... just 5 more ... I can make it ... then I realize, there is 6km left with a climb ... WTF ... extra 7 minutes ... but I managed to finish with 2W over planed power margin. It’s in the head ...

Cadence was 112 and I was ok with that. On 2 previous climbs I had some funny average cadence (17 and 47). Cadence went to 0 after some time ... sensors battery was dying.

PS: I’m thankfull to mr. AG for a huge motivation and performance push.

Top Bottom