BRVR - Goats League - Climb 33 - Croix de Coeur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
This weeks ride sees a return to Swizterland and the Cross of the Brave ... Given that it is a 14.99Km climb with 1178m of ascent I feel that it should be called Cross of the Madly insane!!

profile.croixdecoeur.png

I don't think it looks to intimidating, and should be a pretty constant gradient, without to many rhythm busters

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

This weeks ride is >>>Here<<<

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Not a chance for us mere humans ... I must get back to climbing again ... all this workout stuff while 'fun' isn't really "Fun" like climbing is
What workout stuff do you mean?

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Been playing on Zwift ... After motivational issues all summer I was then hit by a virus which kept me off the bike for 3 weeks, and I reckon I've lost around 50 Watts from my FTP, So I'm doing a training plan on Zwift to build the FTP back up, and also as a bonus improve VO2Max as well. The upshot being that I should be able to spin at 90-95% of my FTP for longer without blowing up as far as heart rate is concerned. The downside is that It's 4 Sessions a week, and they are pretty intense ... I can't wait for BRVR to implement a workout feature on BRVR, It'll be a really good feature, that I will make use of.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Been playing on Zwift ... After motivational issues all summer I was then hit by a virus which kept me off the bike for 3 weeks, and I reckon I've lost around 50 Watts from my FTP, So I'm doing a training plan on Zwift to build the FTP back up, and also as a bonus improve VO2Max as well. The upshot being that I should be able to spin at 90-95% of my FTP for longer without blowing up as far as heart rate is concerned. The downside is that It's 4 Sessions a week, and they are pretty intense ... I can't wait for BRVR to implement a workout feature on BRVR, It'll be a really good feature, that I will make use of.
You finding it's working?

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Don't know, only into the 4th week, and it's a 12 week Plan. You don't do an FTP test until the last session. ... I might ... Just might ... have a go at star wars canyon, I was supposed to be doing a nice recovery ride tonight, in preparation for the toughest workout in the plan tomorrow ... but it's got 15KM of downhill and flat so that's a recovery, isn't it :rofl:

SmP-62

I use League rides and other BR Challenges for rising my FTP and Vo2Max ... here are some byproducts ... Sugarloaf 25:54, James Canyon 33:28, Flagstaff 30:48, Port de Cabus 50:43, Passo San Pelegrino 31:32, Cormet de Roselend 1:07:06, Nufenen Pass 51:27, Col de la Croix de Fer 1:21:09, Alto de Teix 1:17:07, Timmelsjoch 34:39

Top Bottom