BRVR - Goats League - Climb 34 - Col Del Nivolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Staying in the alps again this week, although heading south into Italy for this weeks ride, the 35.96Km 1141m ascent of the Col del Nivolet, which was used in the iconic 1966 film The Italian Job!
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

profile.coldelnivolet.png

Keep calm lads, I have a plan

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

SmP-62

This will be one of three rides in upcoming Giro 2019 Stage 13 challenge.

I was wondering, why there was no ride(s) of present Mallorca challenge.

SmP-62

Don't like this first part of Colle del Nivolet ride, to flat and with that long tunnel/gallery on the end. It is much more interresting to take the old road (starting just before the tunnel entrance). But if must be done ... 1:21:45

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
This weeks ride is >>> HERE <<< Sorry for the delay, but if you have ridden it since Sunday It'll count.

Why no rides of the Mallorca Challenge?? Apart from Sa Calobra and Puig Major everything else is a lot of flat before an up. Sa Calobra will appear as it's a damn fine climb. Puig Major is OK but not all that much of a challenge (14KM at 7.6%) At 2 O'Clock in the afternoon, it's the heat that gets to you rather than the climb itself ... The shack at the aquaduct of the Sa Calobra turning is a very welcome sight, as you can top up on water and fizzy sugary drinks :laugh:

SmP-62

Hopefully my time will provide a target and motivation for you then Smiljan!

Cheers
Alan
We have a saying .... It's hard to convince a frog to jump into the water .... 1:18:43

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@Crook Town AFC ... My christmas wish is that 'someone' will do both Nivolet rides in a week time ...
Hey Smiljan, Merry Christmas. Just come off the Lago d’Iseo (West side), needed something to wok off all those mince pies.
Might have a crack at the Nivolet rides this week as I still need to ride all the Christmas chocolates off but I doubt my times will set the world on fire. Still that's not what counts at the mo' rather trying to get my fitness levels back.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Regards

Dave

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Hi, only just noticed this was in the league and I did it in the Giro Challenge. Nice Christmas present to myself even if I did coast it a tad

1:46:23
Hi Dave, Merry Christmas. Just replied to Smijan, then noticed your post above. I blame all that brandy sauce my wife poured over the Christmas pud. Will attempt both parts before the year is out.

Top Bottom