BRVR - Goats League - Climb 35 - Col del Nivolet Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Sorry again chaps, this one is late, but It's time to bring the pain, and if you are really keen you can do last weeks and this weeks back to back. :biggrin: As I'm late I'll count any attempt since Monday 26th Nov, so if you have done it as part of the Giro 2019 challenge since Sunday it'll count.

I give you The Col del Nivolet Part Two!!

profile.coldelnivolet2.png

A mere 1260m of ascent in 24.35Km :rofl: Personally I think it looks like a real rhythm buster, and those downhills will be a real test for the legs.

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

SmP-62

I was waiting for that ... so not done it so far for Giro 2019 St.13 challenge ... :smile:

SmP-62

Took nice relax day yesterday (only easy spinning) and focus myself on todays ride (concentration, eating, drinking, ...). Was feeling great, legs were perfect, motivation as high as possible ... 1:03:15

Very nice climb, will be interesting to go there IRL, the only downside is the fact, that this road is a dead end and far away from other passes in the neighbourhood.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I've often thought that there should be some sort of replay facility where you could see how you compared to other riders (with option to fast forward). OK it would only show where the markers are on the profile but it's better than the alternative which is to do the ride again with yourself and chosen rivals. I've done that once or twice but it gets demoralising when you see them beetling off into the distance:sad:

SmP-62

Nice ride Smiljan! Where did you put time into me? From the start or a particular point on the climb?
As I remember, it was allready from the start and increased quicker on the last part of the climb (cca km 16-20). I was paying more attention to ride just on the lactate treshold and was in the green the whole time with good legs till the end of the ride.

Gattorantolo

Silvano Turati on BRVR
Nice ride but......this up and down at the finish....why?

SmP-62

Nice ride but......this up and down at the finish....why?

I was thinking the same as rides 6 and 7 were introduced (Port de Cabus and Coll d'Ordino) ... as I lost a lot of time on the downhills in between and after the climbs (also on flats on the climbs). But then I trained this transitions and now I don't care any more about it ... just do it.

Top Bottom