B'Twin Triban 3 upgrade packages in Cycling Active

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raging Squirrel

There's a really good piece in this months Cycling Active that shows upgrade possibilities for the Triban 3. I think they've done 3 seperate packages, all with costs depending on what you'd want from a bike.

It's made me think rather than spend £1000 on a bike, I could buy a Triban 3 and just upgrade certain components.

Have a look :smile:

D

Deleted member 20519

I had a quick skim through it in the shop, I should really pick up a copy (£4! :eek:). The RS10 wheels looked quite nice.

If I pick up a copy tomorrow, I'll scan it for you guys and post the pictures here.

D

Deleted member 20519

Much better, thanks for the doing that. I will have a read through and report back :smile:

It was like a Triban 3 rally at today's Skyride in Bolton. In fact it was definitely like a B'twin rally. I felt out of place :whistle:

I feel sorry for all the Spesh Allez owners, (red ones), every time I see one now I assume it's a Triban 3 :laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

On Page 2 so far and they've mentioned the grinding coming for the rear hub, that's actually funny because I put my bike into my LBS yesterday for the exact same reason and I've only done <150 miles since I've gotten it.

D

Deleted member 20519

That was a good read, thanks for uploading the scans. If I ever find myself with a spare £600 to spend on my Triban 3, I'll do this but for now it's dusty brakes, standard wheels and a stock bike :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 20519

Wheels, tyres and brakes are always worth upgrading and transform the feel and speed of a bike. Going from Tiagra to Dura-ace won't make you go faster ....

I think wheels will be my next upgrade although I will be replacing my brake pads before the start of winter.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think wheels will be my next upgrade although I will be replacing my brake pads before the start of winter.
Stick Koolstop Salmons on the front and Blacks on the back. Great stopping, less wear and graunching sounds and you can pretty much grab equal handfuls of brake without getting out of shape ....
Probably the cheapest upgrade available.

Top Bottom