B'twin Triban 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Some better pictures for you guys. It's just back from the LBS and it's been given a good clean.

BCWfY.jpg

DQUx9h.jpg

j7ioFh.jpg

ShxMjh.jpg

AEdevh.jpg

pdjO9h.jpg

CxviIh.jpg

dN3foh.jpg

Peteaud

Veteran
Is this your new bike?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Nice and a very good bike as well.

Good luck with it.

How does it compare with your old bike?

Considering my old bike was a heavy steel mountain bike that was falling to bits, it's fantastic! :biggrin: It's very light for a £300 bike (10.5kg), very quick and if you upgrade the tyres and pedals, it's very nice to ride.

defy-one

That looks as good as new dude

Typhon

Considering my old bike was a heavy steel mountain bike that was falling to bits, it's fantastic! :biggrin: It's very light for a £300 bike (10.5kg), very quick and if you upgrade the tyres and pedals, it's very nice to ride.

Congrats on the bike, it looks great! I am in the same position you were in, I only have an old heavy steel mountain bike and am looking at getting my first road bike. The Triban 3 seems to get rave reviews from everyone on here so I may have to head to Decathlon sometime soon to have a look at one for myself.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Congrats on the bike, it looks great! I am in the same position you were in, I only have an old heavy steel mountain bike and am looking at getting my first road bike. The Triban 3 seems to get rave reviews from everyone on here so I may have to head to Decathlon sometime soon to have a look at one for myself.

Definitely better than a steel mountain bike. Decathlon are great, they'll let you take a test ride around the shop and they adjusted the saddle for me so I could try it out more comfortably. Have fun! :smile:

Kelvin_C-J

I may have to head to Decathlon sometime soon to have a look at one for myself.

I would strongly advise that.

I ordered online as my nearest store did not deliver to my address and did not have my frame size in stock. Unfortunately, it arrived with 2 gashes in the frame (either a good or bad thing) but choosing in store should minimise any likelihood of frame damage provided they have more than 1 available in your size at the time, and I did not receive any free lights which I hear you get in store.

As jaz has said though - a great bike for the money. I was thinking of the Carrera TDF but the Triban is worth it for the weight saving alone.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I ordered online as my nearest store did not deliver to my address and did not have my frame size in stock. Unfortunately, it arrived with 2 gashes in the frame (either a good or bad thing) but choosing in store should minimise any likelihood of frame damage provided they have more than 1 available in your size at the time, and I did not receive any free lights which I hear you get in store.

As jaz has said though - a great bike for the money. I was thinking of the Carrera TDF but the Triban is worth it for the weight saving alone.

I went into Decathlon and they'd had a shipment of the Tribans in, the guy had built one up for me when I called earlier in the day and I was the first person to ride it. He asked me if I wanted to wait for around half an hour if I wanted a new one built but I said no, I'll take that one. Great customer service, better than Halfords by a long shot.

Typhon

Definitely better than a steel mountain bike. Decathlon are great, they'll let you take a test ride around the shop and they adjusted the saddle for me so I could try it out more comfortably. Have fun! :smile:

That's good to hear. I'm not even sure which frame size is right for me so it would be great to have a ride on a couple of them first to see what fits me. Thanks and have fun on your new bike! :smile:

I was thinking of getting a Carrera too but the Virtuoso. As you say though they are that little bit heavier. As a newbie I think going to Decathlon is probably a better bet for me compared to Halfords as from what I hear they'll better assist me in picking the bike and will set it up better on my behalf. Unfortunately my nearest one is about 50 miles away but it'll be worth the trip as there are other bits and pieces I need from there. I'll put the bike carrier on the car and if I like the bike and they have the right size for me in stock, I may be coming back with a lot more than I left with!

Typhon

I went into Decathlon and they'd had a shipment of the Tribans in, the guy had built one up for me when I called earlier in the day and I was the first person to ride it. He asked me if I wanted to wait for around half an hour if I wanted a new one built but I said no, I'll take that one. Great customer service, better than Halfords by a long shot.

Ah, that's good to know. I'll definitely be paying them a visit soon then, perhaps next weekend if I can.

Top Bottom