B'twin Triban 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gawd, you're right - the bars will be throwing his weight even further forwards!

The tops of the bars need to be more or less flat.

Typhon

I have my saddle nose down at about that sort of angle too. The seat is just too uncomfortable otherwise, even with padded bib tights. It doesn't hurt my hands - in fact I have no aches or pains from my Triban at all and I use it most days.

Fubar

Guru
Are they the Michelin tyres that they sell in Decathlon for £25 for the pair ?

Do they make much difference to the ride ?

Yes the are, the factory fitted ones started to crack so I decided to go for a "name" - only been out on them once so probably not noticed much difference yet.

Fubar

Guru
Nice but..... EEEEEK! That saddle angle! It must be throwing all your weight forwards onto your hands. You really ought to reset it so that it's a couple of degrees up at the nose, which will "cup" your sit bones and distribute your weight more evenly.

I did have my seat tilted further upwards but was finding it was causing numbness in my butt area - the current set-up is the most comfortable I have had it so it is fine for me, thanks.

modellista

Regular
Hi all,

Just taken delivery of a Triban 3, lovely looking bike and what a fantastic rider on the tarmac compared to the previous heavy MTB.

Not too impressed with the setup, though. I think they stopped for lunch halfway through mine and forgot to finish it off.

Just for posterity, here's the list of adjustments I needed to do:

Tighten front brake cable
Tighten front derailleur cable tension
Adjust front derailleur inner and outer limit screws
Adjust rear derailleur alignment
Rear wheel very out of true – spokes on L side all much looser than R
Front wheel better but still not perfect true
Front wheel quick release lever looser than desirable

The great thing is though, because the bike was so cheap, I sort of expected things not to be perfect, so I don't really mind. If this was a grand from the LBS I would be knocking on their door first thing in the morning! Stockport is a bit too far to go...

Top Bottom