BTWIN Triban 500 Gears slipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olliebella

Hi I am very new to road bikes but love it and the Btwin however I managed to convince myself I could tighten the gear cables and now they are screwed to the point I can only ride in a high gear. And slip out pre ride won't change up/down.

My question is do I make adjustments to the thumbscrews on the hoods/brakes or leave them alone and turn the same thumbscrews outwards being the micro shift section on the back wheel .....adjust the screws on the microshift with a phillips you can see how I have reached this point! I was going to take it in but it would also be useful to know so I can troubleshoot again??

Thanks for your help !!!???

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What did you move in the 1st place?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Use the adjuster at the top of the rear mech to adjust cable tension, clockwise to slacken it if you can't get the smaller sprockets and anti clockwise if it won't change to the larger sprockets.

Do not touch the Phillips screws on the rear mech, they control the limits of the mechs movement.

OP
OP
O

olliebella

Thanks, I am a "He" :laugh: although the username hasn't helped me has it?..thanks Smokin Joe for the advice, I guess as I have now messed with the Phillips screws I now need to ride and see how it reacts on low/high gear changes and turn this slightly until an improvement is shown? I am asking myself the same question " Why did I touch this in the first place".....

Top Bottom