B'Twin Triban 500 SE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Seems to be the successor to the well respected Triban 3 which quite a lot of us here have had. Budget for replacing the wheels (approx £80 for Shimano R501s) in 6 months to a year and it will last for years.

doughnut

Veteran
I got a Triban 500 last October as my first road bike - only been riding since last April. Slightly more expensive that the 500SE, but pretty similar as far as I can tell. So I am unable to compare it with any other road bike, but I am more than happy with it. I've done about 600 miles on it so far without any trouble. Got a bit of grit in the front mechanism which affected things when I changed gear. Took it back into Decathlon and they sorted it out and gave it a service for free.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Seems to be the successor to the well respected Triban 3 which quite a lot of us here have had. Budget for replacing the wheels (approx £80 for Shimano R501s) in 6 months to a year and it will last for years.

I agree with you there. I would also budget further down the line for a new BB/Headset, tyres. But even that makes it still a cost effective ride for a beginner

Top Bottom