Btwin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
They look right tidy. Hopefully BTwins form for excellent performance on a budget will carry on as before.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It looks like they've listened to criticism about easy mudguard fitting, added rack mounts and allowed for wider wheels. I don't know whether they've addressed the other major bug bear of poor quality wheels or whether it's still a you pays yer money affair for what has been a very good value bike. £600 for the 540 looks pretty close to the price of their carbon fibre frames. Different beast though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yeah, but ... the elephant in the room is, of course:

How do you pronounce B'TWIN? Bee Twin? Butt Win? Bert Wean?

Thank goodness B'TWIN bikes don't come with SRAM groupsets.

KneesUp

Guru
Them brake lever changey gear things are expensive I guess @nickyboy .

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yeah, but ... the elephant in the room is, of course:

How do you pronounce B'TWIN? Bee Twin? Butt Win? Bert Wean?

Thank goodness B'TWIN bikes don't come with SRAM groupsets.
As it's a French company, and French has a longer /i/ than the English /i/ as in twin but shorter then /ee/, it's closer to between, only in between. B is pronounced like bay. Or something like that....

Drago

Legendary Member
As a young copper I got sent to see an old boy, When he answered the door, I hesitantly enquired, "Are you Mr B'stard?"

"No" he replied, " It's Bastard and I'm proud of it."

He was a really nice bloke, had a good chat with him.

J1888

Über Member
I know comparatively little about bikes and for some reason don't like the idea of B'Twin, purely because they're from Decathlon, for some reason I would rather have something that's made by a 'bike brand'.

Daft perhaps but there you go.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I know comparatively little about bikes and for some reason don't like the idea of B'Twin, purely because they're from Decathlon, for some reason I would rather have something that's made by a 'bike brand'.

Daft indeed. I bought a B'Twin carbon bike with full campagnolo for about £300 cheaper than any other comparable bike. You do know that all the frames, wheels, groupsets etc for practically all the mainstream bikes come from the same Taiwanese factories don't you?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

They have been making bikes for a fair while now - or at least selling them. The Triban drop handlebar iterations were B'TWIN Sport before. I'd call them a bike brand.

Top Bottom