Bucks & Berks ride - Sunday 7th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

[QUOTE 1473879"] I'll meet you lot at Egham Station at 8.20. If I'm not there, don't wait, as I'm still a maybe. But I should kick my arse into gear. [/quote] CoG, Becs said that she was going to be at Syon Lane at 8:20, they won't be at Egham until 8:45.

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

Looking forward to the ride. First time I'll have been on a bike in 3 weeks since I got back from JoG! See you all in the morning :hello: .

Mark W

Thanks for the ride this morning folks, sorry I had to peel off but I used up a lot of brownie points yesterday with a ride and watching the rugby.

Don't think I can make next month as I'm doing a charity ride, but if anyone organises anything or fancies a ride give me a shout.

Cheers, Mark.

lilolee

Veteran
Nice turnout today of 10 people for a gentle ride around Windsor, Ascot, Windlesham and Sunningdale.

Many thanks to Norm for leading it out.

Hope you didn't get too wet when the rain hit and I hope Becs got her cleat sorted.

Norm

That did throw it down a bit second time through Windsor, didn't it. :biggrin:

Good times, peeps, good to meet everyone. Thanks to lilo for sorting the route, although it was a bit fluid on the day, I think that it changed about half a dozen times and I had no idea where we were going to come out after going through Blacknest car park, it must be 35 years since I was last on there. lol

OP
OP
Rebel Ian

Rebel Ian

Thanks to all and apologies also for peeling off early. I had a very demanding 8 year old daughter awaiting my return to go paint shopping in B&Q! I've just spent a small fortune on tester pots for her room!! Hope you missed the worst of the rain - I got soaked on the way back.

Thanks to Lee for sorting the route and good to meet everyone. Hope you eventually got your shoe sorted, Becs!

Thanks for a lovely ride guys - sorry I turned up with tired legs and a broken cleat! Bought a new set in chertsey and life was good from then on! 50 miles for the day and a certain feeling of smugness after missing the downpour by having a pub lunch! Nearly 100 miles on the new bike this weekend and no back pain - result! Might bring my nippier bike next time though!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Nice lil ride that was, even when at the end after peeling off and getting garminated......

But still, most enjoyable none the less, many thanks!

redjedi

Über Member
Lovely ride. Thank you Lilolee and Norm for guiding us around.

I think I'll be joining this ride regularly.

Average speed for the ride........it doesn't really matter we weren't racing, we were cycle chatting.

Norm

Average speed for the ride........it doesn't really matter we weren't racing, we were cycle chatting.
Glad that it was enjoyed. On the speed thing, Lilo and I had discussed some sort of target beforehand, we were aiming at 13 - 14 mph. I checked just after we split at Virginia Water and my computer said 13.8. :biggrin:

There are some lovely roads round there. We didn't get much more than 5 miles from the M25 and I had never ridden some of the places we went, but I thought Lee's route was excellent.

Top Bottom