buddy holly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

apparently he's dead! :biggrin:

anyone like his music?
sounds a bit fifties to me, but could get into it.

eusa_doh.gif

Buddy Holly is one of the greats. What you have to remember when you listen to it, is that he pretty much invented it all. No one was using the electric guitar as a lead instrument until he came along, and certainly no one was using the same playing techniques he used, like, for instance, string bending. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it's impossible to overstate his importance to popular music.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
just to keep you up to date bonj:

janis joplin
karen carpenter
jim morrison
elvis presley
kurt cobain
bon scott
lisa "left eye" lopez
john lennon
george harrison
keith moon
sid vicious
ian curtis
bob marley

are all dead

Abitrary

Buddy Holly is extremely cool. He was kind of like the morrissey of his day. I've got an album of a reggae band doing buddy holly covers.

This is my favorite:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GMezwtB1oCU

OP
OP
B

bonj2

alecstilleyedye said:
just to keep you up to date bonj:

janis joplin
karen carpenter
jim morrison
elvis presley
kurt cobain
bon scott
lisa "left eye" lopez
john lennon
george harrison
keith moon
sid vicious
ian curtis
bob marley

are all dead
JIMs dead! :biggrin: Nooooooo! :wacko::cry::biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Agree with RT Buddy Holly was a true innovator. Just one of the things he incorporated into his music was Burundi drumming which was later copied by a certain Stuart Goddard who you probably know better as Adam Ant.

Melvil

My girlfriend went to see the show 'buddy' last night and apparently it was excellent. I've always liked his songs, specially 'Rave on' (what a prophet, eh!)...also, without wanting to lower the tone too much, legend has it that he possessed an extremely large dong, the lucky old chap.

Top Bottom