Budget wheelset (quick release, disc brakes, 6 bolt)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf616

Über Member
Looking to upgrade my RC520 wheels as the difficulty changing tyres is doing my head in. Can anyone recommend a good wheelset for under £150 that is QR and compatible with both disc brakes and 6 bolt? I've tried looking online but it's real hard to work out the finer technical details like disc/bolt stuff. Cheers.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think you'll struggle for new @£150 unfortunately - Superstar components do good wheels, both axle types. Cheapest is £240 but they often have discounts so worth signing up for their newsletter
https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/road/road-wheels/road-disc-wheels/

@Jenkins @DCLane may know of current codes

Would it be simpler to convert the tyres to tubeless (the fact that the wheels are tubeless ready seems to be the issue with fitting clincher tyres)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
wiggle have the prime staggiaire.
probably your best budget bet
you'll need the TA to QR converters they link to and its centre lock discs , so need new disc (but that still work with your rotors so no issue there.

I have similar older prime cheapo disc wheels, set up with road tyres for my gravel bike for winter road duties,. they are fine and solid, but clearly not super light, but you can at least take tyres on and off the rims!

OP
OP
Wolf616

Wolf616

Über Member
I think you'll struggle for new @£150 unfortunately - Superstar components do good wheels, both axle types. Cheapest is £240 but they often have discounts so worth signing up for their newsletter
https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/shop/road/road-wheels/road-disc-wheels/

@Jenkins @DCLane may know of current codes

Would it be simpler to convert the tyres to tubeless (the fact that the wheels are tubeless ready seems to be the issue with fitting clincher tyres)

Could be a good idea re: tubeless - I will look into that as well, thanks!

Top Bottom