Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Lager

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Europiss, via the USA, but brewed in the UK

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Stella is another lager that's a shadow of it's former self - once genuinely a premium lager, it just doesn't taste the same to me now - and didn't it used to be 5.2%, not the 4.8% it is now?

Yep 4.8% now..

20180630_160044.jpg

I like all sorts, was given a box of Bud as a tip and it went down well enough.

Guiness is a nice tipple along with Leffe, Kingfisher, Tribute, Gin Lime and Lemonade, nice bottle of wine.

Lifes to short to be drinking the latest "in fashion" beverage and pretending to be an expert on it..

keithmac

Guru
……

View attachment 416228

An hour in the freezer before heading out, it was still lovely and cold while I drunk it under a huge sky by the Cock Crowing Stone (Crowing, not Growing!)

In fact I am going to cross-post this image in two other threads.....

Skol reminds me of under age drinking at parties singing "I like Skol!" Happy memories.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Was musing the other day, and a good rule of thumb is that any beer that is advertised is actually shyte. I can't think of a single decent beer that I've seen advertised

keithmac

Guru
Other way around surely. Why drink shite beer when it’s so easy to drink decent stuff.

I drink and enjoy most alcoholic drinks.

If I thought it was shite I wouldn't drink it..

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Was musing the other day, and a good rule of thumb is that any beer that is advertised is actually shyte. I can't think of a single decent beer that I've seen advertised
The more you drink, the less capable you are of discerning the taste. It also clouds your judgement on how much to pay, and clouds your memory of what you like. A good session of 5 pints or more involves drinking at least half of your beer not caring what it tastes like, how much you paid, or how crap it was last time. Hence you are better off selling cheap beer at a high price with lots of advertising, than trying to make it taste good.

You could make good beer, but if your target market only drinks sensibly, your potential market is much smaller.

Even worse, if you try to sell to a beer enthusiast, they will rave about your drink, and then try something else next time.

I love good beer. Which is why I prefer dreamers to smart business people.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5298614, member: 259"]Ahem...

[/QUOTE]

Ok there is an exception: Duvel is indeed pretty good, albeit perhaps surpassed by the other Abbey/Trappiste brews.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The more you drink, the less capable you are of discerning the taste. It also clouds your judgement on how much to pay, and clouds your memory of what you like. A good session of 5 pints or more involves drinking at least half of your beer not caring what it tastes like, how much you paid, or how crap it was last time. Hence you are better off selling cheap beer at a high price with lots of advertising, than trying to make it taste good.

You could make good beer, but if your target market only drinks sensibly, your potential market is much smaller.

Even worse, if you try to sell to a beer enthusiast, they will rave about your drink, and then try something else next time.

I love good beer. Which is why I prefer dreamers to smart business people.

Whilst there is some truth in much of that, I've always found drinking shitty beer after tasting a nice pint is doubly disapointing. A glass of so called lager with your curry is just about OK, but finding the 3rd pub only has lager or keg beer after having had 6x in the first two makes me very grumpy

Top Bottom