Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Lager

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Europiss, via the USA, but brewed in the UK

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's an ok beer, refreshing. As a one time real ale appreciator, I'm now past all that. Fed up of people telling me what beer I should enjoy. And the worst are the type who attempt to point out the 'original' Budvar. It's just a name, get over it.

If you think British real ale bores are bad, you should try reading some of the US craft beer forums... unbelievable levels of pedantry regarding definitions of beer styles.

Tim Hall

If you think British real ale bores are bad, you should try reading some of the US craft beer forums... unbelievable levels of pedantry regarding definitions of beer styles.
Starting with the word "craft". When the revolution comes comrade, people who use the word craft in conjunction with beer will be near the front of the queue.

D

Deleted member 26715

Best thing about Bud are the horses

IMAG0698.jpg
IMAG0701.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Speaking of marketing, one of Budweiser's claims is 'fresh beer'.

I suspect there's something in that in the case of mass-produced lager.

It's not designed to sit in the can or bottle for long, so the fresher it is the better it will taste.

My bottle has a 'born on' date of May 30.

Bottle is another point, I reckon beer or lager generally tastes better from a glass bottle.

D

Deleted member 26715

Bottle is another point, I reckon beer or lager generally tastes better from a glass bottle.
Isn't that the case for all drinks, seems putting then in a can makes them even fizzier

Genau

Isn't it brewed over here, like most "foreign" lagers are?

Bourbon will be subject to a tarrif though, so I've just stocked up on Jim Beam and biscuits...:okay:

It was being brewed in Mortlake, south-west London but that brewery has closed now. A quick Google reveals AB In-Bev's chemical factory in Magor, Wales now has that honour. It also produces that well-known Welsh beer Stella Artois.

The Mortlake brewery used to be Watney's so it had a long history of producing dodgy beer.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
InBev, who owns Stella Artois, also owns Budweiser. If you really want a bad beer, you should try some American beers like Hamms, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Old Style. Craft breweries and local breweries are getting back going in the U.S., after being closed down and bankrupted by the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920's/30's. I live near one, and their beer(only sampled, as I have the gout,) is quite drinkable.

http://www.destihl.com/

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It was being brewed in Mortlake, south-west London but that brewery has closed now. A quick Google reveals AB In-Bev's chemical factory in Magor, Wales now has that honour. It also produces that well-known Welsh beer Stella Artois.

The Mortlake brewery used to be Watney's so it had a long history of producing dodgy beer.

Stella is another lager that's a shadow of it's former self - once genuinely a premium lager, it just doesn't taste the same to me now - and didn't it used to be 5.2%, not the 4.8% it is now?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
After the tour we sat down for lunch in the de Kroon cafe, and Delvaux ate with us, giving us a chance to ask a few more questions. He'd said that after brewing lager for 17 years at Artois he wasn't going to brew lager in his own brewery, implying that he wasn't all that pleased with the product. This inspired me to ask him if it was true that Stella Artois had changed over the last decade. "Oh, certainly," he said. "When I started brewing it in 1973 it was 33 IBU, but today it's only 20. If you lower the bitterness half a unit per year, nobody will notice." So it was true. If anybody would know, it would be Freddy Delvaux.

http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/284.html

Top Bottom