Build help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zeroto60

I recently bought bullhorns and SRAM TT500 reverse brakes. One problem...the brakes won't fit in the bars. Can I machine the bars without losing integrity in order to make them fit?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Z

zeroto60

oh wow, this forum is friendly....still need help people, please.

rustychisel

in the light of further information (eg, you don't say what bullhorns you bought) it appears you bought the wrong items = incompatible.
The barrel of the brakes should slide into the bars whose internal diameter should allow a fit. Machining is not recommended IMO, a gentle filing of any inside chamfer is allowable.

cjb

Most bike part/accessory manufacturers produce different sizes in their product range where variations in diameters etc occur on the bikes themselves. If you have a part that doesn't fit the chances are that you have the wrong size. Don't revert to filing parts to fit as you could seriously weaken the component.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi there zeroto60, as above don't file or machine any parts as the integrity of the components will be weakened. I would go back to the shop/supplier that you got the bits from and swap them around.

I have TT500's with Profile Design Airwing bars on my Langster Steel - no issues :thumbsup:

langstersteel.jpg

Top Bottom