Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I would use the Cafe, but would not ride to it

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I would engage in the orgnised rides and events

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Cake and Bacon on the menu?

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TIGG STUDIO

ee353426dd07f27704dd9cd53ba2ac7a.jpg

ba6a5c877d47b170d5d6d8d182ea2216.jpg

I am a keen road and off road cyclist looking to fund a Cycle tailored cafe/takeway in the Nottingham area, I have a clear vision of the building and facilitates and have some concept designs and detailed plans. As it's a new project I'm looking for feedback to help perfect the design in view to re-engaging with the Local and City council about a suitable location and support infrastructure. I feel it fits perfectly with the Cities ambitious plans to become a fully integrated transport HUB.

The Vision includes;

Safe bike and Equipment storage whilst at the Cafe including integrated locks and lockers.
Repair facility including component sales and general servicing-while you wait.
Healthy nutritious snacks, great coffee and other sustenance perfect for active outdoor lifestyles.
Live and Recorded broadcast of cycle events, including National and International tours and track events.
Mapping and cycle route info, G.P.S hire, bike hire and organized cycle events.
Special seasonal events and children's activities.

Would love to engage with people about the idea, and hopefully get things moving...

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I don't live in the area, but I like the look and sound of your idea.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Have you looked at other ventures which combine bikes and cafe's, the three that spring to mind locally to me are:

Warmley Waiting Room, literally on the Bristol and Bath path, good at tweeting when the path is a bit icy.
Muddock- which combines shop, cafe and repairs
Roll for the Soul - which is cafe, repairs, meeting place

Each different in their own way but with a bike slant.

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

http://cafevelobeverley.co.uk/ is local to me & seems to have a fair share of cyclists & non-cyclists use it, but it is right in the centre of Beverley. May be worth a visit for you to pick up an idea or two to help with your plan :okay:
Great stuff, I'll call in when heady back to Yorkshire where I grew up, looks top notch and there will be numerous tweaks which make it a success, and you could easily miss or get wrong. Thanks Again, Steve

D

Deleted member 23692

Defo not for me. I'd much rather use a traditional cafe/tea room/pub/etc on route.

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

Defo not for me. I'd much rather use a traditional cafe/tea room/pub/etc on route.
Thanks for the response, at this stage it's good to get a full picture of it's potential, and strike a balance between not irritating genuine riders, and not fully scaring off non riders and recreational users. Not sure how easy it is going to be, and may require significant modification to hit the mark. The concept is a first step on the way. Thanks again, Steve

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

Have you looked at other ventures which combine bikes and cafe's, the three that spring to mind locally to me are:

Warmley Waiting Room, literally on the Bristol and Bath path, good at tweeting when the path is a bit icy.
Muddock- which combines shop, cafe and repairs
Roll for the Soul - which is cafe, repairs, meeting place

Each different in their own way but with a bike slant.

Thanks for the heads up, more info and experience of similar enterprises the better, I intend to visit all three, as their approach will be invaluable to getting the pitch right. Thanks Again, Steve

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

Where do you sit when it's raining?
It's not evident as the CAD is a misleading but the rear is more traditional and has a split seating area and workshop, It's a balance and I concur that adequate indoor seating is a must, and will put of users if it's constantly jammed and uncomfortable. Thanks for your interest as everything I can be prompted to think about helps a lot, It's all about the 1% improvements as DB says.

Top Bottom