Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I would use the Cafe, but would not ride to it

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I would engage in the orgnised rides and events

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Cake and Bacon on the menu?

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My favourite is Tunisian Orange cake:

image.jpg

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

My favourite is Tunisian Orange cake:

View attachment 91248
Wow! That's a cake and a half.

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

Hi and :welcome: @TIGG STUDIO

I'm not in the area but like the look of the concept. If there were flapjacks and a really nice hot chocolate available I could be tempted in.:okay:
Thanks, the availability of A proper Hot Chocolate and a slab of finest flapjack is built in the plan from the ground up! You are assured one. Homemade an' all. It shall go in the Cyclo cafe Magna Carta. Cheers Steve

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a tough business to be in. We had a local cafe that was set up for cyclists and locals, but it just didn't bring in enough cash. You'd need to be in a popular area to catch all sorts of passing traffic. Good coffee and tea is a must, as is cake.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks, the availability of A proper Hot Chocolate and a slab of finest flapjack is built in the plan from the ground up! You are assured one. Homemade an' all. It shall go in the Cyclo cafe Magna Carta. Cheers Steve
So whats the " healthy food " you where talking about at the start ? No one eats that stuff when on a ride anyway so bin that idea :okay:

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

It's a tough business to be in. We had a local cafe that was set up for cyclists and locals, but it just didn't bring in enough cash. You'd need to be in a popular area to catch all sorts of passing traffic. Good coffee and tea is a must, as is cake.
thanks, yeah, my concern is footfall and balancing the seasonality. It's a tricky one I give that. A few people have questioned whether there is a suitable location locally. I have one in mind strongly, and a second which has has good attributes, but it is going to be a challenge for certain. I will have to stand on it's own two wheels as a quality cafe, not just from a cycling skew POV, but I am wary of diluting the idea, as the concept has grown out of love of the activity and sport. Thanks for engaging as, at this stage it's a make or break in terms of putting money into further development. Thanks again, Steve

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

So whats the " healthy food " you where talking about at the start ? No one eats that stuff when on a ride anyway so bin that idea :okay:
It's probably badly described. I was veering towards , healthy food, I should have said, decent quality, varied and somewhat tailored to the activity, rather than stuff you wouldn't want to ride on. It's just from experience, some things sit better than others. A good start to garner option might be for me to finish off the basic menu I began, it can't hurt.

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

It's probably badly described. I was veering towards , healthy food, I should have said, decent quality, varied and somewhat tailored to the activity, rather than stuff you wouldn't want to ride on. It's just from experience, some things sit better than others. A good start to garner option might be for me to finish off the basic menu I began, it can't hurt.

It's great tho, to get real opinions, instead of assuming I know what people want, thanks so far for the feedback, it's already made me think and given me ideas.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I can see why people in the catering industry say those type of things as it is a sport / healthy living etc but ..... In the real world we all like beer , cake and bacon sarnies . If we have done the hard work then no one is going to get in the way of what we want to eat or drink as the reward :laugh:
This of course is just my opinion and I'm not starting a business in that area so am just saying stuff and things .
Take a look at the menu of the box hill café . That's a MAMIL magnet so they must have things right ( apart from the location .)

OP
OP
TIGG STUDIO

TIGG STUDIO

I can see why people in the catering industry say those type of things as it is a sport / healthy living etc but ..... In the real world we all like beer , cake and bacon sarnies . If we have done the hard work then no one is going to get in the way of what we want to eat or drink as the reward :laugh:
This of course is just my opinion and I'm not starting a business in that area so am just saying stuff and things .
Take a look at the menu of the box hill café . That's a MAMIL magnet so they must have things right ( apart from the location .)
No, I think you are in a majority thus far, and even from my own experience, recently 5 days round Normandy, we didn't exactly look for the salads! It's logic, you need to put back in what you have taken out, especially if you have a fair track back. Cheers, Steve.

Top Bottom