Building Blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

Can anyone help me out here.
I was talking to a friend last night about toys, and neither of us could remember the name of the building blocks we used to play with in the 60's.
They where smaller than lego, and white in colour. Any ideas?
ps Not Duplo, or Stick-a-Brix

Betta Builder?

Had these rather than Lego. Has affected me ever since.

Baco were the ones that were threadled onto wire prongs projecting from a green base - I think:wacko:

Betta Builda for me - more bricks! Nice packs too...next to the Airfix kits in the model shop.:angry: And Woolworths used to sell them at a good price for pocket money purchases.

Aperitif said:
Baco were the ones that were threadled onto wire prongs projecting from a green base - I think:wacko:

Betta Builda for me - more bricks! Nice packs too...next to the Airfix kits in the model shop.:angry: And Woolworths used to sell them at a good price for pocket money purchases.

Absotively. They were made by Airfix. Seemed more brittle than Lego, but the green roofing tiles were much fun.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:

I had forgotten all about those. My Grandmother had a set for my brother and I to play with when we went to her house. :angry:

Thanks for that memory, Aperitif :tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
We had Lego. My Mum still has our old biscuit tin full of it, and I'm looking forward to nephew Oli being old enough to play with it with me.

OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

Thanks Aperitif, I only remembered them because of the tiles.
I will have to look on ebay to see if i can get some for my daughter

Ours used to be kept in an old square biscuit tin. Sadly, we moved house when I was a kid and it got left behind. My own kids are of the Lego generation. We have 2 large tidy boxes full of the stuff and another full of Duplo. Can't see us ever getting rid of them. The other day, my daughter's boyfriend and I spent an hour with the box of technical Lego solving an engineering problem!

Arch

Married to Night Train
It just occured to me that Oli might end up making models of things from Lego which weren't invented when I was playing with it (mobile phone, computer...)

I feel old.

Arch said:
It just occured to me that Oli might end up making models of things from Lego which weren't invented when I was playing with it (mobile phone, computer...)

I feel old.

Cheer up - playing with Lego makes you feel young again! And don't get me started on the box of Tomy Trains stuff in our loft...

:smile:

Top Bottom