Building Wheels - Where to find spokes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any thoughts on where I can buy DT Swiss or Sapim quality spokes without busting the bank. Usual websites I use are demanding eye gouging prices @ £1 each (even before brass nipples). LBS wants £0.75/spoke.

I don't want to buy boxes of 100 spokes for each size I require (3 different sizes on this occasion, so I need 40 of one, and two lots of 20) which gives me some spares in case of breakages.

Cheapest I could find was rose bikes where spokes equated to ~£0.34/each, but because they are based in Germany I need to add £7.89 shipping to the UK, which bumps up the price by ~£0.09/spoke.

vickster

Legendary Member
I used CRC for DT Swiss for my handbuilts I think. Don't remember them being too expensive considering I got the fancy light ones

I needed 70 odd I think they cost less than 50p each. Got a high spec pair of wheels for around £200

OP
OP
confusedcyclist

confusedcyclist

Veteran
Rosebikes.com are still working out cheaper after shipping so I plumped for those. Only down side is shipping from Germany takes longer, luckily I still have functional wheels. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom