Bullet proof 23 road tyres please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I just had another puncture on my new Mich pro 3's..right out side the palace pier eek..anyway...I ned BULLET proof road tyres 23's for the bianchi...I'm sick of the sight of tyre levers now.

Schwalbe?? Stelvio?? What should I get...just need to be tough as nails to survive Brighton Streets and ride reasonably fast.
Ta:smile:

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
my bontrager x lite ac havent had a puncher yet after a year of riding :?:

djb1971

Legendary Member
I use vittoria rubino pros on my winter bikes and they roll well and don't cut up easily. Don't get the cheaper rubinos, they aren't the same - trust me !!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I get on great with 23 mm Armadillos but some people hate them. That's how it is with tyres. I do get very few punctures however. I've had one* on my Armadillo-equipped bikes since Oct 2005, and that accounts for most of my mileage.

Reasonably fast? I don't find them too bad, but I doubt they are anything like ProRace 3s (not tried them tho')

*although when I took the tube out I couldn't actually find the hole- one of those odd ones. I'm a pretty light rider too, which helps my luck along.

Randochap

Senior hunter
There's no such thing as a bullet proof tyre. Conti 4-Season are good, as is the cheaper Gatorskin.

Punctures are a fact of life and no big deal to fix, if you have practiced at home beforehand.

monnet

Guru
I've now got Bonty hardcases on my commuter. They seem pretty sturdy (and at a touch over 300gm each they should be). They might not be great on a Bianchi though and they are slow. I've used Deda Tre Grintas for winter training and found them to be brilliant - grippy in bad weather, fairly fast and (touch wood) puncture resistant.

Crankarm

Guru
palinurus said:
I get on great with 23 mm Armadillos but some people hate them. That's how it is with tyres. I do get very few punctures however. I've had one* on my Armadillo-equipped bikes since Oct 2005, and that accounts for most of my mileage.

Reasonably fast? I don't find them too bad, but I doubt they are anything like ProRace 3s (not tried them tho')

*although when I took the tube out I couldn't actually find the hole- one of those odd ones. I'm a pretty light rider too, which helps my luck along.

+1 for the Specialsied Armadillos All Condition Pros. They are bullit have never had a puncture with these. They have worn out first. They are not the lightest but are bullit and do last ages as well. Roll nicely and have used them for many years for commuting 25-30 miles a day since I can't remember. Depends of course on your mileage.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If you ride in the dry, Gators could be the way to go - but they do still p* from time to time. Like most things, it's a trade off. I'm happy to go with less tread life and more unplanned deflations in order to ride Pro Race tyres - I've not ridden any tyre quite as good.

You could go with M+, but on a Bianchi..?

Top Bottom