Bum cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nosherduke996

O.k. i am not sure if this is in the right section, but here goes anyway. I have been cycling now for 18 months and i am still hurting after a longish ride. I am ok for about 60 miles then it starts to get painfull.
I have got a good fizzik sadle and a good pair of bib shorts. The bit that gets sore is between where the bum finishes and where the scrotum starts.
So my question is that should i be useing some kind of creme ?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
O.k. i am not sure if this is in the right section, but here goes anyway. I have been cycling now for 18 months and i am still hurting after a longish ride. I am ok for about 60 miles then it starts to get painfull.
I have got a good fizzik sadle and a good pair of bib shorts. The bit that gets sore is between where the bum finishes and where the scrotum starts.
So my question is that should i be useing some kind of creme ?

I sometimes get a bit of chaffing in that area. I found that Clearasil makes it clear up quickly.Dont tell my teenage kids what their dad uses their achne cream for though
:whistle:

Just to say there is another product as good as sudocrem which wont leave your undercaridge looking like its been glossed with white dulux paint. Its called 'Unguentum Merck' and is available from chemists and it absorbs easier than the sudocrem.
Dont think its anything like the link to the Udderly Smooth cream though - more an emollient for helping heal damaged skin.

I find sudacrem much more effective (and cheaper) than 'proper' chamois creams, it's thicker and the protective layer resists being sweated off for much longer. It can be a bit messy though.

yello

The bit that gets sore is between where the bum finishes and where the scrotum starts.

Are we talking sore as in numb or sore as in chaffed? Because I doubt creams would help for numbness.

I use sudocream or conotrane to prevent rash and chafing. Either do the trick but sudocrem, being thicker as mentioned earlier, tends to last longer. I also have some Assos cream and whilst it feels tingly and quite pleasant :blush::laugh: I can't say it actually works any better than the (much) cheaper alternatives.

Haven't tried that udderly stuff though, and it gets good reports.

OP
OP
nosherduke996

nosherduke996

Are we talking sore as in numb or sore as in chaffed? Because I doubt creams would help for numbness.

I use sudocream or conotrane to prevent rash and chafing. Either do the trick but sudocrem, being thicker as mentioned earlier, tends to last longer. I also have some Assos cream and whilst it feels tingly and quite pleasant :blush::laugh: I can't say it actually works any better than the (much) cheaper alternatives.

Haven't tried that udderly stuff though, and it gets good reports.

Sore, as in painfull or bruising :wub:

MessenJah

Rider
Careful with Sudocrem. It's not supposed to be used as a chamois cream (check the tub, I'm sure it says words to the effect of 'if symptoms persist, stop using and see your doctor' like most medicines) and it can cause irritation.

Chamois cream is a f'king rip off - more than a fiver for about 200g of cream? F'k off. You can get really thick cocoa butter body cream from Superdrug cheaper than that.

yello

Whilst I remember, Chafe-ease from Nature's Kiss (Evans now sell it I think) is excellent after a ride if you're feeling a bit raw. It's wonderfully soothing.

Sore, as in painfull or bruising

I don't think I've ever experienced that kind of saddle soreness. I wonder if your bib shorts are rucking up. They shouldn't but are they riding up the leg at all?

Is there any sign of redness? Creams should help there but bruising, dunno. That's a new one on me.

juanpelota

Whilst I remember, Chafe-ease from Nature's Kiss (Evans now sell it I think) is excellent after a ride if you're feeling a bit raw. It's wonderfully soothing.

I don't think I've ever experienced that kind of saddle soreness. I wonder if your bib shorts are rucking up. They shouldn't but are they riding up the leg at all?

Is there any sign of redness? Creams should help there but bruising, dunno. That's a new one on me.

Never suffered from the chaffing, but a little saddle soreness now and then. It does beg the question however, should you go 'commando' or not?

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom