Bump inside seattube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CyclingStone

So everything I feared have come true with this cheap crapframe.
I haven't been able to get my seatpost down into the frame more than 13 cm but I just adjusted the seat to the same height as my old bike, I have 1 cm margin. I could cut it down if I need to in the future but first I will demand of the manufactur to send me a new one. I don't know how that will go...

What exaclty is this? It's fine on the outside

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_152048.jpg
    IMG_20210624_152048.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210624_145335.jpg
    IMG_20210624_145335.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 18

T4tomo

Guru
very hard to tell - looking atourside phoo thought it might be where the seat stay join the seat tube, but it looks like a ridge from what I assume is an "inside to seat tube" photo, almost as thought they have joined 2 separate tubes, whereas a seat post should be one long tube

Is it an alu frame or carbon?

I also note its a silly / aero shape so you can't use any other seat tube.

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

And it's not your bottle bosses ?
Haha that was what I thought when I got the bike! Silly of me because the bottlescrews are 35cm from the insert of the seatpost. This one is 13 cm from the insert. They have a scale on the seatpost which goes from 1-10, and my post is at 4, can't get it past 4.

Feels kinda shoot when I finally got it together and now this crap. Bike have been a mess for sure

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

very hard to tell - looking atourside phoo thought it might be where the seat stay join the seat tube, but it looks like a ridge from what I assume is an "inside to seat tube" photo, almost as thought they have joined 2 separate tubes, whereas a seat post should be one long tube

Is it an alu frame or carbon?

I also note its a silly / aero shape so you can't use any other seat tube.
Carbon. I contacted the manufactur with the demand to get a new frame. They will probably ask for more photos and videos and then maybe that I should send it back, I really don't want that hassle so yeah, if they aren't offering to send me a new without questions I will be content all other options will just make me regret my purchase which I have done since 2 days after. Took them weeks to send it and then silly me accepted.

It wasn't a expensive bike but it feels crap anyhow, my seatpost have got some scratches, which I guess comes from this bump. Well I don't trust it but I will do some climbing on it. :wacko:

Cheap China frame. Hmm.
Yes they may offer you a replacement. But first you will have to send this one back to them. At your expense. And there is no effective parcel tracking back to the land of virus makers.
So you send your frame off. You have nothing to ride. You wait and wait. You send all sorts of emails which may or may not be answered.

Alternatively you accept 1cm difference in height. The Princess and the pea?

Or you can cut 1cm off a seat tube that is unlikely to fit any other frame.

All boils down to do you want to ride this, or do you want a long frustrating possibly argumentative wait that may only get you a similar quality frame?

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

Cheap China frame. Hmm.
Yes they may offer you a replacement. But first you will have to send this one back to them. At your expense. And there is no effective parcel tracking back to the land of virus makers.
So you send your frame off. You have nothing to ride. You wait and wait. You send all sorts of emails which may or may not be answered.

Alternatively you accept 1cm difference in height. The Princess and the pea?

Or you can cut 1cm off a seat tube that is unlikely to fit any other frame.

All boils down to do you want to ride this, or do you want a long frustrating possibly argumentative wait that may only get you a similar quality frame?
Hi. Your thóughtprocess is pretty solid.

The thing I am worrying about if I do this is that the bump will eat at the seatpost, I already have marks on my seatpost, the seatpost is black so I guess it's just paint. Maybe I should offer them to just send me a seatpost as compensation?

You are right, if I send this and it "get's lost in transit" I will feel one thing and it is not happiness. It's Trifox and they have sent replacements to other people, well they were youtubers and famous.... I will see what they say, I wouldn't buy again.

But if the marks on the seatpost will be inside the seat tube you won't be the only one with them. In fact most seatposts have marks that cannot be seen.
If the marks are not covered then how did they get there?

Why should the bump damage the post. If its clamped properly there should be no movement.

So long as you have the minimum insert level sorted all should be good ?

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

But if the marks on the seatpost will be inside the seat tube you won't be the only one with them. In fact most seatposts have marks that cannot be seen.
If the marks are not covered then how did they get there?

Why should the bump damage the post. If its clamped properly there should be no movement.
Ok I see. Maybe I will post photos of the seatpost in the future, I would guess it's just scratches. I need to try the bike. I will be very careful with this but that was the plan all along.

Top Bottom