Bumped from behind by lady driver of Blacked Out Land Rover reg. "MUSIC MIX"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Tynan said:
I sometimes syspect that ll of these bright dieas are run from one single person offce, cones hotline and all the rst and now this

If its anything like some of the "initiatives" we used to run at the hospital it'll be someone volunteering after work hours in the hope someone official high up takes it on seriously and in a paid capacity.

I always wonder if the owner of these "prat plates" realise that they make it so much easier to remember the registration?

For me this vehicle would tick so many alarm boxes:
1. Prat plate - beware
2. Posers 4x4 - beware
3. 4x4 in urban environment - beware
4. Tinted windows - beware

All in all I would be more surprised if this vehicle had been driven safely thatn the expected behaviour shown

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Cunobelin said:
I always wonder if the owner of these "prat plates" realise that they make it so much easier to remember the registration?

For me this vehicle would tick so many alarm boxes:
1. Prat plate - beware
2. Posers 4x4 - beware
3. 4x4 in urban environment - beware
4. Tinted windows - beware

All in all I would be more surprised if this vehicle had been driven safely thatn the expected behaviour shown

Pretty much how I think about them, even though its usually wrong to generalise. A cry of ego over functionality imo.

Last week I saw a backed out Audi RS6 (is it?) with plates WI66IE or WI66EY or something. Naturally I was not surprised to see them driving down the bus lane through the city centre.

Cunobelin said:
Not necessarily. I still wonder (though it didn't do me any harm) what BOBBY's real reg. no. was?

The point. People who mis-space their plates solely for vanity purposes - well they're not fooling the GATSOs, SPECs or ANPR cameras are they? - and members of the public will presumably remember the plate (as Howard did) easily enough - so justice can still be served.

It's the people who set out to deliberately disguise their true registration number, in the expectation that they can thereby escape justice: they're the ones who worry me. And they're the ones who ought to be brought to book.

Problem is, .....

downfader said:
Pretty much how I think about them, even though its usually wrong to generalise. A cry of ego over functionality imo.

Last week I saw a backed out Audi RS6 (is it?) with plates WI66IE or WI66EY or something. Naturally I was not surprised to see them driving down the bus lane through the city centre.

The aim is not to generalise - simply to make decisions

Whilst not all 4x4s are bad drivers, nor all drivers with prat plates, a 4x4 WITH prat plates is more likely to be dangerous to me. Equally tinted windows are not a hazard per se, but put all three together and I am going to avoid that vehicle like the proverbial plague.

OP
OP
Howard

Howard

Cunobelin said:
put all three together and I am going to avoid that vehicle like the proverbial plague.

Bit difficult when they are behind you at the lights :wacko:

But yeah I know where you are comming from. After the incident I caught up with them but given what they were driving, the pratt plate and the windows I thought it better not to confront them..

BSRU

A Human Being
I do not know if this has any relevance to the car involved but there is a company in south London which has a similar name to the reg plate.
Mx Music & Media Ltd.

14 West Street Lane, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2PY

Probably just coincidence.

BSRU said:
I do not know if this has any relevance to the car involved but there is a company in south London which has a similar name to the reg plate.
Mx Music & Media Ltd.

Only one way to find out:evil:

BSRU said:
Mx Music & Media Ltd.

Good work. And it's possible.

However.

I ride along West Street Lane regularly (my partner rides there every day). I've never seen that car. I'd have remembered such a stupid plate. Nothing like that there. It's a short, narrow street, and it'd stand out.

I've not seen the business, either, though. It may just be registered at that address. I don't recall a sign or even a nameplate.

Good luck, however.

OP
OP
Howard

Howard

An automated reply:

roadsafelondon said:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the information you have supplied through the Metropolitan Police Roadsafe London reporting system.
The information will be reviewed and dealt with accordingly. If we require any additional information we will contact you.

Regards

ROADSAFE LONDON

Metropolitan Police
Roads Policing
6th floor Empress State Building
Lillie Road
London
SW6 1TR

www.met.police.uk/roadsafelondon

BSRU

A Human Being
clarion said:
Good work. And it's possible.

However.

I ride along West Street Lane regularly (my partner rides there every day). I've never seen that car. I'd have remembered such a stupid plate. Nothing like that there. It's a short, narrow street, and it'd stand out.

I've not seen the business, either, though. It may just be registered at that address. I don't recall a sign or even a nameplate.

Good luck, however.

I have looked on Google street view and you are absolutely right, it is a narrow street and number 14 just looks like someone's house.
Probably just a red herring.

Jack Regan

Sorry to bump this thread from last year but as a fellow cyclist and no conclusion on this post :

Watching 'Lily Allen : Rags to Riches' on Ch4 and this car was just shown in a clip. Episode 2, first 5 mins .. Thought I'd google it as I wondered if it was her car, came across this thread.

I don't think it was as they later showed them in another Range Rover, diff plate .. but assuming the 'street clip' was in and around thier office which was I think is/was Great Titchfield Street, same area you got bumped ...

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I'm surprised the Ol' Bill aren't interested; does this not constitute leaving the scene (of an albeit minor,) accident? I'm sure if you made a complaint, they'd be obliged to investigate! Worryingly, if the driver 'didn't even realise' they'd bumped into someone, the next person they do it to may well be under their wheels...

London being London, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some CCTV footage of the accident available somewhere?

It may be time to invest in a helmet mount Video Camera - I don't think I'd ride in a city without one!

Top Bottom