Bunged up bath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Is it unblocked yet.
Maybe they did suck up the drain cleaner, if so, we'll never know!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Thanks to you both. I’ve plunged the bath to no avail. I’ve now emptied it but I need to get the water out that is still in the waste pipe before I can put stuff down it. All I can think of is a metre of small bore clear pipe and suck. I’ve tried to put a brake cable down there to no avail.

I was told many years ago that if using a plunger you manipulate it to get a gentle suction and then give a hefty pull which should loosen the blockage and everything drains away. I have used this method and it has always worked for me.

Good old fashioned curtain wire with cuphook tightened well, just pushed down should work, very flexible so should go round bends easily. Oh andif cup hook comes off it won't matter as they are small but do grapel hair well enough. Measure how far the curtain wire goes in to know where the blockage might be for when the bath panel comes off.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you can, get hold of some of the original OneShot drain cleaner. Unlike caustic soda, its about 91% sulphuric acid and will dissolve most gubbins, body parts, hair etc extremely quickly. You absolutely must follow the instructions on the bottle to the letter. If you don't you will quite probably be disfigured for life. It's become quite hard for the public to get hold of the original OneShot because it's been known to be used in explosive manufacture, and also as a way of attacking ex-girlfiends, bank clerks etc.

If you have a plumber as a friend, he can probably get you some but please be careful with it.

Here it is.....
https://perfect2trade.uk/product/or...xPNBWHCkkPHmzGXgg7w3UM-A76SZ0AfxoCsDAQAvD_BwE

Edit: for the love of God, don't use it where there is caustic soda. There will be an extremely violent chemical reaction.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
If you can, get hold of some of the original OneShot drain cleaner. Unlike caustic soda, its about 91% sulphuric acid and will dissolve most gubbins, body parts, hair etc extremely quickly. You absolutely must follow the instructions on the bottle to the letter. If you don't you will quite probably be disfigured for life. It's become quite hard for the public to get hold of the original OneShot because it's been known to be used in explosive manufacture, and also as a way of attacking ex-girlfiends, bank clerks etc.

If you have a plumber as a friend, he can probably get you some but please be careful with it.

Here it is.....
https://perfect2trade.uk/product/or...xPNBWHCkkPHmzGXgg7w3UM-A76SZ0AfxoCsDAQAvD_BwE

Edit: for the love of God, don't use it where there is caustic soda. There will be an extremely violent chemical reaction.

Do you have a stash just behind the pilchard mountain under the stairs I could tap in to?
My bath is having a really slow drain lately. Also when I empty the bathroom sink it gurgles up into the bath. 😒

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Do you have a stash just behind the pilchard mountain under the stairs I could tap in to?
My bath is having a really slow drain lately. Also when I empty the bathroom sink it gurgles up into the bath. 😒

Alas , I don't. Before Christmas, we had a major plumbing epic in the bathroom that ultimately led to the contents of the WC and soil pipe spouting up from the bath plughole in a spectacular brown fountain......quite a sight. Had I had a tenner's-worth of OneShot to lob into the system, we could have been spared a couple of hundred quid of emergency plumbers' fees.

Salty seadog

Alas , I don't. Before Christmas, we had a major plumbing epic in the bathroom that ultimately led to the contents of the WC and soil pipe spouting up from the bath plughole in a spectacular brown fountain......quite a sight. Had I had a tenner's-worth of OneShot to lob into the system, we could have been spared a couple of hundred quid of emergency plumbers' fees.

Fair do's, I'll just have some pilchards then, the heat death of the universe is way off and there must be a supermarket just down the road from you to restock.

Salty seadog

I could keep my hand on the bath plug. Then the horrid stuff jetted out of the bath overflow. At that point, I admitted defeat.

61qJTDHhJaL._SL1500_.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
the gel unblockers are heavier than water so sink down to the gubbins, so provided you got most of the water out, having a bit in the utrap etc isnt a huge issue. You want an unblocker aimed at hair and soap, as opposed to kitchen grease, as that is likely the issue, especially if the good lady has longish hair.

Leave a goodly long time for it to work and may need doing twice. HG stuff is good.

https://hg.eu/uk/products/hg-drain-...KrwcjfmVO2yfDsudXqayBfYPbcx2D0VxoCMoYQAvD_BwE

Indeed long hair of which I don’t suffer from …. But my good lady does and I keep a stock of the gel stuff !! Our shower gets a maintenance squirt every now and again .

Top Bottom