Burls Ti frame - finished article!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
It's already been pointed out that I got the gears all wrong for showing off, but here are some pics of my new bike!

I'm absolutely delighted with it!

DSC_6869a.jpg

DSC_6870a.jpg

DSC_6873a.jpg

DSC_6874a.jpg

DSC_6878a.jpg

DSC_6879a.jpg

redddraggon

Blondie
Looks epic. There's only one thing I would change :biggrin:

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Hmm, yes maybe. I used a lot of bits off the old bike to get this one going. The stem was one of those things. I may change it further down the road, I'm also planning on getting a matching seat post once funds allow.

It should also be pointed out that the saddle height wasn't high enough when I took these photos (as I'd only just wheeled it out of the workshop), so proportions look slightly better now.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
HLaB said:
I'm not so sure about the stem/bar angles but the frame is a beauty. The stem seems to be angling up too steeply which is stressed by the bars are angling down. Is that comfortable, I think Id try rotating the bars up a bit.

Already did that HLaB. I took the photos after wheeling the bike out of the workshop and before I took it for a spin. The saddle is now higher and the bars rotated back!

You'll be having me delete this set and take a whole new bunch of photos soon!

Norm

redddraggon said:
I'd use a less erect stem

scook94 said:
Hmm, yes maybe. I used a lot of bits off the old bike to get this one going. The stem was one of those things.

HLaB said:
I'm not so sure about the stem/bar angles but the frame is a beauty. The stem seems to be angling up too steeply which is stressed by the bars are angling down. Is that comfortable, I think Id try rotating the bars up a bit.
Can you not just flip the stem? :biggrin: You've got it angling up at the moment, turn it the other way up and you might be sorted.

dodgy

What a great mix, nice Ti road bike with disc brakes, I like that a lot.

Is that your all year round bike? It looks like it easily has room for mudguards.

I wish my Titanium Lynskey (Planet X) coud take Discs.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
dodgy said:
What a great mix, nice Ti road bike with disc brakes, I like that a lot.

Is that your all year round bike? It looks like it easily has room for mudguards.

I wish my Titanium Lynskey (Planet X) coud take Discs.

Yeah, I don't have room for a second bike so I'll be on this year round (no worries about rust!). I had the frame built with eyelets for mud guards and the new forks will also (allegedly) take guards.

It'll also take 35mm knobbly tyres, so I can off road her, should the mood take me!

mr Mag00

rising member
i like the frame, not sure about the chainset, but like the attention to details with tyre manufacture inline with wheels decals, good move i approve that!

Top Bottom