Bury - local knowledge needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Is it possible to get from Clarence Park, Walmersley to Ashworth Moor Reservoir using back roads and trails? It look like it can't be done as the little roads fall short and don't meet. But, I'm pretty sure they'll be way.

Cheers.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Do them little roads not turn into bridleways? Me n longers did a bunch round that way- over owd betts 'n' that.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Do them little roads not turn into bridleways? Me n longers did a bunch round that way- over owd betts 'n' that.
That's what I'm hoping. Been offered a fast trac graduate preceptorship near there and I reckon to extend the commute on nice days I'd like to do the loop from the res to walmersley road and vice versa missing out out Bury and Rochdale...if you know what I mean.

Do you reckon they're doable on a cx?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Colin,
Any chance you can use your skills to map this out on bikely or the likes? It's a bit iffy on the ipad.
I'm using a combination of Streetview and the 1:25,000 OS map option on Bing Maps. I reckon this is doable (and it might not go as far as the gnarly new bridleway).

shauns-alternative-commute.gif

I have attached a GPX file of that track.

I have 'driven' the Streetview car up under the motorway as far as the right turn. The car wouldn't go up that track but it looks okay. It joins up with the farm track/bridleway coming down Cheesden. The only way to tell for sure is to ride it and see for yourself! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• shauns-alternative-commute.gpx
    2.4 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom