Bus driver barges cyclist out of the way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Absolutely disgusting.

Sadly this is not a one off case, many cyclists including myself have almost been run off the road by bus drivers

steve50

Disenchanted Member
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/watch-london-bus-driver-nudges-132456939.html
According to the Metro, Tony Akers, TfL’s Head of Bus Operations, confirmed that an “immediate investigation” was being launched.

He said: “We expect the highest standards from all our bus drivers.

“We have asked Metroline who operate the bus in question to launch an immediate investigation into this incident.”

subaqua

What’s the point
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/watch-london-bus-driver-nudges-132456939.html
According to the Metro, Tony Akers, TfL’s Head of Bus Operations, confirmed that an “immediate investigation” was being launched.

He said: “We expect the highest standards from all our bus drivers.

“We have asked Metroline who operate the bus in question to launch an immediate investigation into this incident.”

so 3 people all with big brushes and lots of equipmet to lift a big carpet.

TFL , bus company and traffic commisioner .

subaqua

What’s the point
My experience of the traffic commissioners is that they take action against drivers and operators far more readily than the police or TFL, etc.

I hope that rings true here, but sadly the more peoplthere are who can take action , the greater the lilehood nobody does and says it is somebody elses responsibility.

Drago

Legendary Member
You grass! ;) Better get in the witness protection programme.

[QUOTE 4507861, member: 9609"]Agreed, the driver should loose his vocational licence for that, it looks more deliberate than accidental to me.

The head cam cyclist does not do the cause much good with his overtake of the bus.[/QUOTE]
I think he was trying to get the drivers face on camera. Possibly
Anyway, there was nothing illegal about the overtake. As I saw it anyway

hatler

Guru
Ah, except that I believe that in the statute it is only an offence for motor vehicles to overtake other motor vehicles within the zig-zags.

Doubtless @User will be along in a moment to clraify.

Top Bottom