Bus RLJ... and a classic reason

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Now I think I know why you wanted that information.
Sorry about not being able to say what they had for breakfast though.

Phone numbers for some of them if needed.

Tharg2007

Veteran
:evil: thanks classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Tharg2007 said:
:angry: thanks classic33

Not a problem. Got run into a set of railings on the A58 going to work in Leeds. Forced of the rails(trains) by the rail strike. then got forced of the road by one of their buses.

My solution after trying locally was to phone the name at the top of the list, at home & explained to him what had happenned. "Get the wheel fixed & send the bill marked for his attention." Did that & he kept his word, reimbursed the cost of repair. He is now missing from the list sent.

He was disappointed at the answer at a local level. "There's no way we can know what bus was going down that road at that time in the morning. We use hundreds"

However I find it odd the number of times Arriva buses keep on springing up on here. Drivers always seem to be camera shy.

Best of luck & don't let them fob you off.

grrr fecking arriva buses.

I'm off the bike thanks to a driver who made a U-turn without looking. I step onto an arriva bus with one arm in a sling and the other adorned with luggage.

This bus was ahead of schedule and the roads were quiet. So why did the driver floor it the moment I stepped down the aisle?

Origamist

Legendary Member
ed_o_brain said:
grrr fecking arriva buses.

I'm off the bike thanks to a driver who made a U-turn without looking. I step onto an arriva bus with one arm in a sling and the other adorned with luggage.

Sorry to hear that Ed. I guess you were filtering on the off side in heavy traffic?

Tharg2007

Veteran
Well I emaled arriva yesterday to push them for a reply.
Got this back and I am livid at parts of it. The bloke in customer services is just quoting the response from the operations manager.
Classic stupidity here:
The Operations Manager at our Manchester depot has confirmed that the CCTV footage from on board the vehicle has been viewed. The footage shows that the bus does overtake you leaving a gap of approximately two feet; this was as a result of the positioning of your cycle which was apparently not fully in the cycle lane, and the presence of an oncoming car which was overtaking stationary vehicles.
The gap was not two feet so hes lying as well as not knowing how to drive or road safety.

Next he lied about the driver not saying anything to me.
The bus then stops at the next bus stop and it can be seen that you overtake the bus, there does not appear to be any communication between yourself and the driver at this point.
He said something threatening im sure of it. Now if they have cctv as they say then I will take it further with the police as it will show that they lied.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Brilliant - you're to blame as you weren't fully in the cycle lane.. and the driver *had* to stay close to you as there were cars on the opposite side of the road overtaking stationary vehicles. Errr, shouldn't he have just stayed behind you then? Sounds like a case of not only lying, but dangerous driving by their own admission.

I would imagine that any CCTV has long since "disappeared" now, but if there was a complaint where the Police were mentioned then they should have saved it just in case it was required... but I bet they haven't.

Muppets.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Two foot - that's incriminating. Of course I'm sure it was considerably less than that, but two foot is far far too close to pass a cyclist.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I would definitely pursue this by saying that it is the same driver that RLJed some time ago - video still available for them to view... and that clearly he has some driving issues as this is the second complaint in the last few months. Surely they can't ignore the fact that he's been reported before (and the Police should take action given the clear evidence on the video for either driving without due care, or blatant dangerous driving).

Cab

Tharg2007 said:
Well I emaled arriva yesterday to push them for a reply.
Got this back and I am livid at parts of it. The bloke in customer services is just quoting the response from the operations manager.
Classic stupidity here:
The gap was not two feet so hes lying as well as not knowing how to drive or road safety.

So, even if he's right in his account of what happened, isn't that an admission of dangerous driving?

Origamist

Legendary Member

If they keep fobbing you off write to the guy at the top of the pile. Send it recorded delivery.

Sir Richard Broadbent KCB
Chairman
Arriva plc
Admiral Way
Doxford International Business Park
Sunderland
SR3 3XP

Mention that if you do not get a satisfactory reply, you will be contacting the Bus Appeals Body: http://www.busappealsbody.co.uk/index.html

thomas

the tank engine
The Operations Manager at our Manchester depot has confirmed that the CCTV footage from on board the vehicle has been viewed. The footage shows that the bus does overtake you leaving a gap of approximately two feet; this was as a result of the positioning of your cycle which was apparently not fully in the cycle lane, and the presence of an oncoming car which was overtaking stationary vehicles.

That's blooming terrible!! They need to think before they write! At the very least the driver would have terrible anticipation skills, due to you "not being in the cycle lane" and a car coming the other way.

If any bus was to pass me at 2 feet I'd smack it as hard as I could.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Origamist said:
If they keep fobbing you off write to the guy at the top of the pile. Send it recorded delivery.

Sir Richard Broadbent KCB
Chairman
Arriva plc
Admiral Way
Doxford International Business Park
Sunderland
SR3 3XP

Mention that if you do not get a satisfactory reply, you will be contacting the Bus Appeals Body: http://www.busappealsbody.co.uk/index.html

I agree, and even perhaps consider getting the local paper involved too. I think the way they have responded is disgusting. Now if said driver ends up killing anyone or causing a serious accident perhaps they could get done for corporate manslaughter as they have been warned about this fella... keep an eye on the local paper for any news items about busses crashing, LOL!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Twenty Inch said:
Two feet is less than arm's length. It's ridiculous that they think that is acceptable.

Then if you factor in the need to go around road "furniture" like oil and holes.. or if the wind is very gusty it can blow you off course very slightly. Did read a letter in the local paper ages back where a young woman was cycling in the rain, slipped on oil as a car overtook and got her leg and bike hit by said car. :biggrin:

Some drivers seem to not be able to factor this in.

Top Bottom