Buses bibbing me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
To be honest with you,sometimes depending on the bus your on,they can be blowing all the time,some valves act sooner or more often than others,but going on the regularity of when it happens,just as they pass a cyclist,it seems a bit of sour grapes could be at play.As i said,i didnt realise the full story of all the hassle that has gone on,so yes some of the drivers might be timing it on purpose.Its not hard to do,when i pass where my wife works ill give a few hiss hiss hiss's as i go by,you know,saying hi beloved;)
But in a non hassle situation,it is possible, most correctly working valves will discharge at a similar speed on some buses.Dont forget,the blow off occurs as the breaks are released too,so if they were breaking as they approached you,then went to accelerate past,as they took their foot of the breakpedal it would let rip,how loud depends on how hard they had the breaks on.Just as a point,we do sometimes get the odd bus ,where the valve is nackered,so its releasing itself constantly,even when stood still,just to show what i mean,hiss hiss hisss hiss hiss hiss gap of a few seconds,then hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss,you get the idea?But i dont doubt there will be the odd driver who may do it on purpose,especailly if they have had a lot of grief,still wrong i know,but quite possible.:biggrin:

domd1979

Veteran
That's more grasp of the English language than the Eastern European drivers that Pete's Travel employed (before the take over) had - which was precisely none. A lot of them didn't know the value of various coins either!!! I don't blame the drivers though, since the company was allegedly supposed to be paying for English lessons, but didn't. Supervisors/managers couldn't even converse with some drivers at the depot, unless the interpreter was there!!

I got on the 62 in Selly Oak last year. Polish driver. Conversation-

How much is it to Aldi?

Aldi?

yes, Aldi.

Aldi. Three pound.

Three pounds???

Yes. Aldi. Three pound.

But it's only down the road!

Aldi?

Yes, Aldi.

Aldi. Three pounds.

Three pounds? It's 3 stops away!