Bushido,Bkool Pro, Elite Qubo Digital B+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_G

Hi.
I'm looking at getting a smart turbo but I can't decide which one.

It's obviously between the above 3, the Elite goes up to 6% grad and the bushido 15% Bkool 20%, I'll be using it mainly on Zwift, Trainerroad and Bkool.

im not to fussed about the noise, it's more performance and realism, I'm slightly drawn towards the Tacx with the Qubo last and it's quite a bit cheaper which surely means that's it's missing something.

The Rover

Guru
I'm having the same dilemma and another question is will zwift and bkool both work with an ipad?
I'm having a lazy day today so this is my task for the day!

cheers

g00se

Veteran
One thing to be aware of, the Bkool currently has an issue with ERG mode which effects workouts on Zwift and Trainerroad (it sets resistance too high when trying to match a particular power - so you end up putting out about 50w more than you should). However, it's apparently being worked on as a firmware update for Bkool. See the comments here:
http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201697324-Bkool-Electronic-Trainers
It suggests the fix will be out soon.

By the way, Bkool have a deal on for the next few days for the older stock of the Classic model (similar unit to the Pro but different frame) and comes with 30 day free trial.

http://www.bkool.com/store/showCart..._269&utm_source=social&utm_medium=facebook_en

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Thanks for the reply g00se, I have Bkool premium already(don't know why), plus the wattage max is a lot more than they classic.
I'm actually 50% Bkool and 40% Tacx now.

gaz0303

Regular
Similar question so Ill dig up this ageing thread...Im looking at adding to my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine with a Bkool Pro or Tacx Bushido. Will I notice a lack of ride quality without the flywheel? Do I need to spend more on a KICKR type trainer to get the feel of the KK? If it helps, Im 80kg, old FTP was 290w and 5s peak was 1100w.

Andy_G - did you make a final decision?

Top Bottom