Busy today in london?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by gaz, 8 Apr 2010.

1. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

Plenty of cyclists out....

On the way in, 48 overtakes (overtaken twice but i shortly got them back :blush:)

On the way back, 67 overtakes (not overtaken at all)...

B)

2. You count them?

Now thats sad;)

3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Lol.. gotta agree.. that is sad Gaz...:blush::laugh:

4. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

indeed, lots of bikes out, can't be too many left in the sheds today

67 sounds like a lot, I've never thought of counting, you must get beaten by RLJs surely?

5. scouserinlondon

scouserinlondon Senior Member

Great to see so many bikes out today. I feel a certain 'I've cycled all winter' smugness and have certainly noticed more cyclists cutting up at lights and doing quite silly things.

6. OP
    OP
    gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

all on video, 98% of the overtakes happen in the 5 inner city miles of london and during ff replay it takes 3mins to count them.

Using the scalping rules to count, so RLJers where not included. An amazing amount of RLJ's today as well.

7. hackbike 666

hackbike 666 Guest

Less cars though which is disappointing as I wanted to catch all the action on my cam.

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

What a ride in today, I bravely set off with Friday legs on a beautiful day, saw a roadie type ahead and eased up to him very slowly, he was doing a cheeky 25mph on the slight downhill through Leytonstone and kept it up, he dropped me by jumping some strategic lights at Stratford and in the spirit of spring I managed to reel him in with some 28mph work, kept up until he turned off towards Docklands (I think), I got a nice wave

whew, bit of a workout, but what a lovely day, I had a pair of my proper roadie Vie en Claire socks on from a Prendas clearance last summer, they DO make you go faster!

fear not hack, the cars will retuen soon, got my cam now, just got no mem card for it

Wait until I put on the Renault 'Foreign Legion' ones with a cavalier black and white chequered hoop

9. eldudino

eldudino Bike Fluffer

Slow day in Stirling. 0 other cyclists, 0 overtakes. :tongue:

10. Origamist

Origamist Guru

Honours even with Gaz this morning. I saw him sporting his "I Pay Road Tax" jersey at Clapham North and passed him as we came through the lights. I knew he would jump on my wheel as he counts his overtakes and overtakers! Sure enough, he accelerates past a 100m later on the down hill section towards Stockwell, but gets caught at the "SuperHighway" lights. I shout "you can't keep that speed up" as we approach traffic as I know he'll be in oxygen debt if he tries to hold 30mph on the flat so I maintain a steady pace and stay ahead as we get to the next set of lights. By this stage last night's curry and beers are gurgling in my belly and I'm glad when he turns left, heading towards Vauxhall.

BTW, I know the girl with the child seat in your video, but I've forgotten her name. When the weather gets better she straps a radio to her basket and listens to loud music as she cycles. She's a serial RLJer, but I've rarely seen her have a serious incident. She also has or had a sign on the back of the bike saying "Little Princess on Board" (or something similar) but I've never seen her with a kid - it's a pretty good safety strategy though - given that she hardly ever looks rearwards:
    View: http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/53/GQTRODuuBmU

11. OP
    OP
    gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

I didn't realise it was you untill you came past shouting.. you are not the only one pleased we split, i couldn't have kept that up for much longer!

I haven't seen that girl in a while, but have heard her playing the radio. Not my choice of music though :sad:

12. Moodyman

Moodyman Guru

Looks like bicycle gridlock. Best get in your car to avoid the queues.

13. scouserinlondon

scouserinlondon Senior Member

Ha ha, I see her too from time to time. She seems to have the 'don't stop at all costs' mentality.

14. HaloJ

HaloJ Rabid cycle nut

There are a few regular RLJs like that on my commute. Just want to shout at them that red means stop. *sigh*

15. wanda2010

wanda2010 Veteran

'av a word with her will you? I've seen her a fair few times but, to be fair, there are a few other women on that route who are attempting to follow her lead :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice