Busy today in london?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Location
South Croydon
Plenty of cyclists out....

On the way in, 48 overtakes (overtaken twice but i shortly got them back :blush:)

On the way back, 67 overtakes (not overtaken at all)...

B)
 
gaz said:
Plenty of cyclists out....

On the way in, 48 overtakes (overtaken twice but i shortly got them back :blush:)

On the way back, 67 overtakes (not overtaken at all)...

B)

You count them?

Now thats sad;)
 

Tynan

Veteran
Location
e4
indeed, lots of bikes out, can't be too many left in the sheds today

67 sounds like a lot, I've never thought of counting, you must get beaten by RLJs surely?
 
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Location
South Croydon
addictfreak said:
You count them?

Now thats sad;)
all on video, 98% of the overtakes happen in the 5 inner city miles of london and during ff replay it takes 3mins to count them.


Tynan said:
indeed, lots of bikes out, can't be too many left in the sheds today

67 sounds like a lot, I've never thought of counting, you must get beaten by RLJs surely?
Using the scalping rules to count, so RLJers where not included. An amazing amount of RLJ's today as well.
 

Tynan

Veteran
Location
e4
What a ride in today, I bravely set off with Friday legs on a beautiful day, saw a roadie type ahead and eased up to him very slowly, he was doing a cheeky 25mph on the slight downhill through Leytonstone and kept it up, he dropped me by jumping some strategic lights at Stratford and in the spirit of spring I managed to reel him in with some 28mph work, kept up until he turned off towards Docklands (I think), I got a nice wave

whew, bit of a workout, but what a lovely day, I had a pair of my proper roadie Vie en Claire socks on from a Prendas clearance last summer, they DO make you go faster!

fear not hack, the cars will retuen soon, got my cam now, just got no mem card for it

Wait until I put on the Renault 'Foreign Legion' ones with a cavalier black and white chequered hoop
 

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Location
Stirling
Slow day in Stirling. 0 other cyclists, 0 overtakes. :tongue:
 

Origamist

Legendary Member
Location
Sandbach
Honours even with Gaz this morning. I saw him sporting his "I Pay Road Tax" jersey at Clapham North and passed him as we came through the lights. I knew he would jump on my wheel as he counts his overtakes and overtakers! Sure enough, he accelerates past a 100m later on the down hill section towards Stockwell, but gets caught at the "SuperHighway" lights. I shout "you can't keep that speed up" as we approach traffic as I know he'll be in oxygen debt if he tries to hold 30mph on the flat so I maintain a steady pace and stay ahead as we get to the next set of lights. By this stage last night's curry and beers are gurgling in my belly and I'm glad when he turns left, heading towards Vauxhall.

BTW, I know the girl with the child seat in your video, but I've forgotten her name. When the weather gets better she straps a radio to her basket and listens to loud music as she cycles. She's a serial RLJer, but I've rarely seen her have a serious incident. She also has or had a sign on the back of the bike saying "Little Princess on Board" (or something similar) but I've never seen her with a kid - it's a pretty good safety strategy though - given that she hardly ever looks rearwards:

View: http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/53/GQTRODuuBmU
 
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Location
South Croydon
Origamist said:
Honours even with Gaz this morning. I saw him sporting his "I Pay Road Tax" jersey at Clapham North and passed him as we came through the lights. I knew he would jump on my wheel as he counts his overtakes and overtakers! Sure enough, he accelerates past a 100m later on the down hill section towards Stockwell, but gets caught at the "SuperHighway" lights. I shout "you can't keep that speed up" as we approach traffic as I know he'll be in oxygen debt if he tries to hold 30mph on the flat so I maintain a steady pace and stay ahead as we get to the next set of lights. By this stage last night's curry and beers are gurgling in my belly and I'm glad when he turns left, heading towards Vauxhall.

BTW, I know the girl with the child seat in your video, but I've forgotten her name. When the weather gets better she straps a radio to her basket and listens to loud music as she cycles. She's a serial RLJer, but I've rarely seen her have a serious incident. She also has or had a sign on the back of the bike saying "Little Princess on Board" (or something similar) but I've never seen her with a kid - it's a pretty good safety strategy though - given that she hardly ever looks rearwards:

View: http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/53/GQTRODuuBmU
I didn't realise it was you untill you came past shouting.. you are not the only one pleased we split, i couldn't have kept that up for much longer!

I haven't seen that girl in a while, but have heard her playing the radio. Not my choice of music though :sad:
 

scouserinlondon

Senior Member
Origamist said:
BTW, I know the girl with the child seat in your video, but I've forgotten her name. When the weather gets better she straps a radio to her basket and listens to loud music as she cycles. She's a serial RLJer, but I've rarely seen her have a serious incident. She also has or had a sign on the back of the bike saying "Little Princess on Board" (or something similar) but I've never seen her with a kid - it's a pretty good safety strategy though - given that she hardly ever looks rearwards:

View: http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/53/GQTRODuuBmU
Ha ha, I see her too from time to time. She seems to have the 'don't stop at all costs' mentality.
 

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Location
Watford
scouserinlondon said:
Ha ha, I see her too from time to time. She seems to have the 'don't stop at all costs' mentality.
There are a few regular RLJs like that on my commute. Just want to shout at them that red means stop. *sigh*
 

wanda2010

Guru
Location
London
Origamist said:
BTW, I know the girl with the child seat in your video, but I've forgotten her name. When the weather gets better she straps a radio to her basket and listens to loud music as she cycles. She's a serial RLJer, but I've rarely seen her have a serious incident. She also has or had a sign on the back of the bike saying "Little Princess on Board" (or something similar) but I've never seen her with a kid - it's a pretty good safety strategy though - given that she hardly ever looks rearwards:

View: http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/53/GQTRODuuBmU
'av a word with her will you? I've seen her a fair few times but, to be fair, there are a few other women on that route who are attempting to follow her lead :biggrin:
 
Top Bottom