But I don't want a bloody sofa!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...these sale ads for sofas are driving me nuts...if I had a quid for every one i've seen this week I could afford to buy the warehouse....and why do they insist on SHOUTING at me....cant they see I am slobbing out on a perfectly good sofa already????!!!!

pzycoman

I dont get any sofa sale ads on the DVDs that I have :smile:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..good point...but then I'd need to get off the sofa (that i already have) to avoid seeing the ads for the sofa I haven't yet aquired (or need).

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Why are there ever only young girls on those sofas in the ads...I mean surely the main user in the household is the couch potato bloke....hmmm...maybe I just answered my own question...but it is still couch potato blokeism:biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How much does it actually cost for decent sofas anyway? I visited an old mate over Christmas and he is planning to spend £2,000 for a 3-seater + 2-seater pair, plus extra for an extended warranty. That sounds like a hell of a lot of money to me. For a couple of sofas that is - I'd be happy to spend that on a new bicycle :rolleyes:.

mondobongo

Über Member
I had a mint condition 3 seater and 2 seater off Ebay for £98 but know I was lucky spent 2 days worrying it was not going to look anything like the photos, but it was all good.

Just before we got married, we were shopping around for furniture one hot sunny summer day. We saw a nice 3-piece suite in the window of a shop, and went in. We'd been in maybe 10 seconds and had just walked over to an armchair when an annoyed-looking sweaty middle-aged salesman who was wrestling with moving a dining table looked us up and down, made a decision about our spending power (we were dressed in jeans, old trainers and t-shirts) and barked: "That chair's £400, the sofa's £800 - got it?" We left.

Strangely, we heard the shop went out of business soon after.

Top Bottom