Butterfly bar convert to flat bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a bike in the post that has butterfly bars, coming with that is an Ortliebs handlebar pack which I don't think will be compatible with the butterfly bars (they are costing £84 so don't want to waste them.

So I'm thinking that converting the bars to flat bars would allow me to use the bag. The thing is I know converting drop bars to flat bars should not be done as the geometry is not set for this. What about a bike with butterfly bars being converted to flat bars?

Converted my drops to flats without problem, but then I'm a weird shape. I'd say go for it.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
It can be done more easily than a drop conversion as butterfly bars are a variation on flats really. Might need a different stem.

Before committing to the change, there's different brackets around for fitting handlbar bags to different bars. Have a look if there's one to fit your set up

OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
It can be done more easily than a drop conversion as butterfly bars are a variation on flats really. Might need a different stem.

Before committing to the change, there's different brackets around for fitting handlbar bags to different bars. Have a look if there's one to fit your set up
I think I've been on a ride with you. Night ride from Carlisle to Newcastle.

As for the subject in hand, you're right, finding a bracket would be the better option

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Top Bottom