Butterfly bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......

This is the set up on my GT Tequesta. Obviously I didn't need to get new levers and gear changers, but the change was easy. I have toured on this bike, but generally it's my do it all bike.

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
I'm in the same position - thinking of swapping from drops to a butterfly bar on a new-to-me Super Galaxy. I haven't ridden on drops since the last century and also need a more upright position. So all thes replies have been interesting.

@TomB - as most of my riding is urban, your point about the brake positioning is very interesting. Also, I'm intrigued by your present set-up. I'd love to know more. With apologies to @Iainj837 for slightly hijacking...

Jeff
Not at all!!!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Mine look like this. Note the highly technical sat nav on the left side.

Attachments

• 20210224_114205.jpg
    20210224_114205.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 14

Ste T.

Guru
I had them on my tourer for about a year but just couldn't get used to them. Arthritis in my thumbs meant I just couldn't find a comfy position for my hands and after an hour it really showed. Passed them on to my brother who loves them and says he wish he'd tried them years ago.
I ended up with straights and bar ends and can ride comfortably all day long now.

Top Bottom