buy / don't buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

buy: northwave celsius gtx boots - they are awesome!

don't buy: sigma sport bc1606L computer - mine has conked out after only just over a month!

Bigtallfatbloke

bUY nIKE WALKABLE ROADSHOWS...oops sorry caps lock ...

OP
OP
B

bonj2

update: probably should mention this, have got an email back from sigma saying i can send it back to them and they will send me a replacement f.o.c.
that's good i suppose...

Plax

Guru
bonj said:
buy: northwave celsius gtx boots - they are awesome!

don't buy: sigma sport bc1606L computer - mine has conked out after only just over a month!

Sigma computers are sh*te. I had a 1200 wireless one. Unreliable rubbish. Got a wired cateye enduro 8 now, it's ace.

Ooo, and I got an altura skull cap the other day. It's fab. definitely recommend it.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
By: Sigma Bc906. Mine fell off today after i didnt unclip and went over. It took a knock and it still works, plus i have dropped it alot, and it been out in a heavy downpour and it still work. So far.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Only until your next one goes off. I've had two do that.

well it was only £15. When the cost of posting them to germany has taken the TCO above, say, £30, then i'll think about whether it's going to be more economical to get one that will last. But if they're willing to replace it, which they say they are, I might aswell let them, because you never know the next one might just last until they discover how to fix the design flaw that caused the previous one to break.
I'm not sure, but I think it might be that its waterproofness has failed as when the poor thing was in its final hours of life its screen looked 'misty'.
Did they replace yours when they broke?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
By: Sigma Bc906. Mine fell off today after i didnt unclip and went over. It took a knock and it still works, plus i have dropped it alot, and it been out in a heavy downpour and it still work. So far.

hasn't got a backlight though, which i really like, has it?. I only got a BC1606 as it's the only one (it seems) which is wired and has got a backlight.

Joe24

bonj said:
hasn't got a backlight though, which i really like, has it?. I only got a BC1606 as it's the only one (it seems) which is wired and has got a backlight.

Unfortunatly not. You could always wire up a light that attaches to the bars, which is turned on with a button on the bars where your hands go? Might find it easier.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Unfortunatly not. You could always wire up a light that attaches to the bars, which is turned on with a button on the bars where your hands go? Might find it easier.

;)
that i could.
i might have even more difficulty making it waterproof than sigma do though.
I did try making a bike light, out of 3 luxeon LEDs, and it works -but the part i can't think how to do is make the housing! frustrating as the thing that i thought would be the hard part was getting the electronics working - that was easy, the hard bit is making something to put it in and hold it to the bike.

Joe24

Would have thought it would be easy to do the case.
So clear plastic moulded around the computer or whatever, a rubber seal n a join but put 2 holes either side for screws or bolts and it should waterproof.I use my helmet light to see mine, even though its on flash, if you look closely you can read the numbers.

Top Bottom