Buying a Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5575563, member: 9609"]doing it all through Jet2 ?

the reason I ask, just out of coincidence I am looking at one of their packages now, week, soon, Funchal/Maderia all inc, 4* £1500 I have no idea if that is good value or not, are jet2 ok, name sounds a bit naff.

holidays arn't my thing, zero enthusiasm in going. rather ride round and round here on my bike for a week[/QUOTE]

Been using them for years and no complaints at all.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5575572, member: 9609"]for every thing or just flights?[/QUOTE]

Everything, apart from transfers, we prefer a private one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh just think of the damage to the environment of taking a 4 hour return flight... :rolleyes:

I always use TUI for European packages, very competitive prices (cheaper than DIY), full ABTA protection, rep support in resort etc. Cheaper online than through the shops, they quite often have a discount code too.

Avoid flying to Madeira on a Monday, it's much more expensive as it's timeshare changeover day (of which there are a lot)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Madeira is temperate not hot, 22-25 all year round. It be very windy though, I had a very hair raising landing there last June, other planes got diverted that same week). No sandy beaches either.

If you want hot, it may not be the right location. What time of year are you going?

Decent excursions, west of island better than east. It's very hilly, saw very few cyclists though. Lots of walkers

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
In some areas the local tourist office will have a list of accommodation including both self catering and hotels. You can book these direct with the owner. In one case we paid the owner the full amount in cash on arrival because Germans don't trust bank cards.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I used to use Thompson or First Choice now TUI. Last year I used ww.onthebeach.co.uk no complaints at all and it was cheaper for the same hotel. It does the flights separately. Sometimes it selects Ryanair, there's no way I will ever fly with those tw*** ever again, so I just pay a bit more if I have to, to avoid. But everybody to their own. One bad experience is all I need to put me off, I don't like what I read either about that company...

This is for taking a child, so I want it to be right.

Top Bottom