Buying a new 125 scooter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
What is the APR on a brand new one, could you get a better deal if there's a no or low cost rate on it?

I wouldn't worry too much about finding one miles away, lots of places will do cheap or free delivery if you ask. I got deliverydeliv from Midlands Scooter Centre when I bought a second hand Scomadi TL200 from them.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Had my PCX for four years now, bought brand new, now up to 33,500 or so miles. I love the thing. The new one's even better, so I have heard from multiple test reports and owners...

MarkF

Guru
Couple of people at work have them, they have had zero issues. There are many YouTube vids of people doing long European tours on them, great machines.

If l wasn't so concerned with looking good, l'd sell my Vespa & buy one, a PCX is immeasurably better at everything else.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Fragrant MrsP bought about a year ago, it’s FAB I’ve ridden it a few times it’s a really good ride. It’s been no bother so far. The only thing the Fragrant MrsP didn’t like is the dealer service is expensive. That apparently is a ‘thing’ with these bikes according to owners on various forums.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The Honda pcx 125 is a good scooter. It has been around for some years so well proven mechanically, cheap to run and reliable.
The engine on those bikes is almost indestructible. Just need to keep the oil topped up and changed regularly.

slowwww

Veteran
Motorbike and Car dealers are given a series of sales-volume targets by the manufacturers that they have to sign up to if they are to retain their dealership. If they exceed these targets they get a 'volume related bonus' ("VRB") which can be very significant, particularly at a time when margins are generally under pressure.

Accordingly, if the dealer is close to the number of sales that they need to trigger the VRB, they will often buy a number of units for stock to get them over the line, but they only count once they have been registered. Accordingly, the dealer knows that they're often going to have to sell these pre-registered units at a discount as they're not on the current plate, but as this discount is likely to be considerably less than the VRB that they'll receive, it's a game worth playing.

Still worth checking that this is definitely 'new' and not an ex-demo, and that it comes with a full warranty though.

Top Bottom