Buying a new helmet - budget under £100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D j k

I was thinking of purchasing a new helmet. I was hoping to keep under my budget of £100 . I use s kask Mojito, it's really comfy but think it's time to replace it.

Is there any point looking at aero helmets?

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't know. Are you a competitive road rider for whom a few seconds over 25 miles is of greater importance than the additional risk of a torsion injury that the greater circumference and elongated shape of an aero lid brings? Only you can decide that.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Best just have a look and decide which helmet that you like the look of and want the most. Thats what i did at least. I went from a mid-range Giro Savant to a slightly more expensive Giro Atmos II purely because i liked the look of it.

MikeW-71

Veteran
For a casual/fitness/pleasure rider, I don't think there's any point in aero helmets at all.

Even if you ride Sportives a lot, they are pointless.

Shaun

Founder
You mentioned in another thread you ride in fast paced groups and do sportives ...
The new giants that I was looking are carbon, according to giant they are worlds apart to ride, I ride in groups at fast paces and do sportives ,
As @Drago mentioned ... do you have plans to do any competitive racing such as TTs (time trials)? Do you have any aero handlebars fitted to any of your bikes? (an aero helmet isn't going to be as efficient if you're not hunkered down and tucked in to a more aerodynamic riding position)

upload_2016-3-7_16-14-12.png

Or do you mean and aero road helmet?

Pretty much the only reason I wear an aero lid, is because the visor is better than glasses, for me personally. You will get a pretty good lid for 100 quid, look on places like Amazon, and Wiggle, there are sometimes some bargains to be had.

Yes.....
No......

NOT GETTING INTO A HELMET DEBATE

There is some evidence that the vents and sharp points on a helmet can increase injury

The "Aero" helmets like the Evade and it's kin arguably fit the "smoother, rounder, safer" ethos ... and are safer

The best helmet is the one that fits. But I would be surprised if you can get a better helmet than the Mojito.

OP
OP
D

D j k

Thanks all , I only ride the road so I will stay clear of aero road helmets . I think I need to go and try lots on I think, there are so many nice helmets available

Top Bottom