Buying a Specialized Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 2017 Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Congrats on your bike. Ingotta try out a Roubaix and see how smooth it is.

Smoother than Tarmac? Or does it depend which model in the range it is?

OP
OP
D

Dreamer21

Congrats on your bike. Ingotta try out a Roubaix and see how smooth it is.

Smoother than Tarmac? Or does it depend which model in the range it is?
Much.

Much smoother then a tarmac and as I ride in london and out to the country side I can attack curves and humps it's so much fun. Only downside is I need to get some new ligths that can fit around the handle bars as they are really thick they put the venge handle bars on the new roubiax. Don't no what ligths to get

vickster

Legendary Member
Much.

Much smoother then a tarmac and as I ride in london and out to the country side I can attack curves and humps it's so much fun. Only downside is I need to get some new ligths that can fit around the handle bars as they are really thick they put the venge handle bars on the new roubiax. Don't no what ligths to get
The Lezyne ones with the stretchy rubber fixings?

Being in London will partly explain why your insurance quote was so high (as well as the replacement value of the bike), but certainly enquire of your home insurance provider

mustang1

Guru
I have another question between Tarmac and Roubaix.

Is it geo that makes Roubaix more comfortable, or the carbon layup that gives Roubaix more flex giving a smoother ride? Perhaps it's both?

So is it possible to have the same carbon layup on a Tarmac to give it a smooth ride, but still keep its sportier geo?

OP
OP
D

Dreamer21

I have another question between Tarmac and Roubaix.

Is it geo that makes Roubaix more comfortable, or the carbon layup that gives Roubaix more flex giving a smoother ride? Perhaps it's both?

So is it possible to have the same carbon layup on a Tarmac to give it a smooth ride, but still keep its sportier geo?

I guess they could add these features to the tarmac. Would make a very interesting bike.

I like the way my bike is at the mo as you can attack humps me bumps in the road and flys over the and you can power down hills and feel amazing it's like getting a New car this bike feels different from the last roubiax but still rides amazing it is sligthly more like the tar mac but a little more relaxed.

Top Bottom