buying a used smart turbo ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been looking at buying a used tacx 2240 - there a geezer selling them on ebay for £120 - he has categorized then as 'cat c - signs of use with cosmetic damage'

I have had basic turbo's before - and never really got on with them, all the pain with non of the fun - hence I am keen to keep the costs down. I was hoping something like zwift might provide a bit more motivation

So buying used, asking for trouble or ok ?

vickster

Legendary Member
This sounds a better bet

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/bkool-pro-turbo-trainer.231163/

Although it’s now spring so turbo not needed, get outside (maybe wait until next week)

vickster

Legendary Member
Get one of those then. I wouldn’t buy anything refurbed and unwarranted for the sake of saving £70 if you actually plan to use it

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Get one of those then. I wouldn’t buy anything refurbed and unwarranted for the sake of saving £70 if you actually plan to use it

Yeah based on past experience, I am not totally convinced I will - so the less cash I fork out the better. I was more wondering if in general used turbo's are good buy or more trouble than they are worth

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Definitely better than sitting doing nothing in crap weather but can be soul destroyingly dull to use. However Zwift seems to have put a bit of a dent in the dull bit if you have access to a tablet or similar and a compatible trainer.

Top Bottom