Buying advice based on customer service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good morning.

I ride a steel Ribble and have happily bought many components from them.

If UK ownership is important to you then it is not clear if Ribble is a UK company in this context rather than a legal one, it is owned by True Capital.

Bye

Ian
Looks like True are a UK company though at least

If wanting a bike from a fairly established U.K. bike business, consider Pearsons although not exactly local to Manchester

https://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/pearson-hammerandtongs.html

https://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/about/our-story-32/about-us/

Last edited:

nickAKA

Über Member
Hey All, thanks for the feedback so far. My local bike shop is an leisure lakes bikes in Bury, north manchester! They looked at it same day...

I don't have cycle insurance but will be going via an claims company tomorrow (any recommendations are more than welcome) to make an claim. The other party are already attempting to say it was my fault! So ceased contact with them directly as they are making all kinds of untrue accusations in an hope of getting out of it I think due to the cost of the replacement bike.

My Cannondale has been good, I went through 4 frames in the first few months of ownership as they kept cracking. If I get the money, would prefer to spend on something else.

If leisure lakes in Bury is local to you then you're not too far away from Merlin in Chorley; I've become a bit of a 'fanboi' because I drive past there a lot for work (I'm actually based on the Oldham/Rochdale border) and they carry loads of stock of everything you could possibly need, so they're dead handy for me. They've always got good offers on bikes in the price range you're talking about and I find the staff pretty helpful (some more than others, tbf) but they're well used to my face now!
Worth a trip up to have a chat IMO.

Run fat boy run

Hi new to this but I purchased a planet x exocet 2 frame to rebuild. Only to be told by Planet x they stopped selling them in 2016 there for they can't help me regarding what seat post size and forks fit. Very disappointed. Can't be a dinosaur already.!!!

Top Bottom