Buying an item you owned when you were younger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Clackers :biggrin: :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FLHftISLNHE

We all had them as kids in the early 70s...remember the bruised and broken knuckles?

The wife n me were shopping possibly in the 90s and saw them..had to buy some for a laugh. Trouble was, health and safety got the better of them and they had rigid 'strings' the second time round. took half the fun out of it...no good if you can't damage yourself having fun.

OP
OP
beanzontoast

Bruised my wristbone with those things more times than I care to remember! :cry:

:rolleyes:

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Been trying for years to find a Puch racing bike like the one I had when I was about 13 years old and still doing paper rounds. It was bright yellow with 12 gears and from memory the model was something like SPD 280??

Although I loved and cared for it dearly and even kept the bike indoors, I never took any photos or kept any specific details so internet searches are futile but I keep trying, you never know?

Meanwhile I will just keep on searching

Maz

Guru
I bought this Pocketeer from a jumble sale (one on the left).
The game is so rubbish, I can't believe I was so engrossed in it as a kid!
Simpler Times, eh?

rally_donalduck_pocketeers.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
After a long search I tracked down a 70's Carlton that I rode in the 80's...
...and it's still too big for me!
FatLarry.jpg

Thats not a Continental is it ?
I had one given to me in the 80s, rode many miles on it and eventually gave it to one of the immigrant workers. It had a very similar colour scheme to that.

I'd like to have the complete Tintin books (hardback). My brother has ours, but he didn't look after them too well (his OCD isn't as advanced as mine.

Would like to have a couple of Harrington jackets (the ones with a tartan lining and three points on the back).

D

Deleted member 1258

One of these - just an excuse to buy Meths though if truth be told.

Mamod_Minor_2_Steam_Engine.jpg

Still got mine, dates from the mid sixties, I think its in the wardrobe somewhere. If I remember rightly it needs a small repair before it works again.

Bayerd

Über Member
Anyone remember a book called 'A Boy and his Bike'?

I never bought it, but borrowed it from the library on numerous occasions. I can't remember who the author was, but if I saw it today I'd buy it like a shot!

Ste T.

Guru
My old green Carlton, stolen in 1980 when I was 20 years old. I got into touring when I was 15 and for the next 5yrs spent every moment I could, exploring the quiet lanes of Snowdonia, The Peaks The Dales and The Lakes. I can't tell you how distraught I was when it went. For weeks I would look for it everywhere I went. The insurance paid out and I got a new bike, but it was never the same. I had so many happy memories that it was like losing a close friend. Even now 30yrs on I occasionally check ebay in the faint hope of seeing one with randonneur bars it took me ages to find and the lug work picked out in darker green enamel I borrowed from my brother.

Well, that's me off to get some instant karma watching "don't steal bikes bro" on youtube.

Cardiac

Über Member
My first car - Vauxhall Ventora II, 3.3 litre. Amazing thing, did 18mpg on a good day and burned oil like it was going out of fashion. EXE810J - RIP (rust in pieces). Of course, they're not generally available now, so I did the next best thing - bought the original Vauxhall sales brochure from 1971.

Top Bottom