Buying another bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
At the moment I own:

BMC Team Machine SLR03 road bike
Giant TCR Advanced - road bike
Bianchi Intenso Potenza - road bike
Bianchi All Road - all purpose (fitted with panniers and schwalbe marathon plus tyres).

Now I know this is very personal thing and each to their own but is it bad that I'd like to buy another road bike, bearing in mind that I love Bianchi and the road bike in question would be one of these:

https://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi-s...MIjuGLr9m24wIVDbDtCh22zQPyEAAYASAAEgJTQ_D_BwE

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the question?

vickster

Legendary Member
The question is: I have 4 bikes, should I buy another because I like it?!
If you want it and you can afford it. How's it different to the other ones? Do you use all the others?
Personally, N+1 needs to be different, material, use etc

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bianchi is an Italian manufacturer so I would assume they would use proper English from Europe in their brochure and yet , they spell tyre the American way. :cursing:. ( tire). This is unacceptable.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bianchi is an Italian manufacturer so I would assume they would use proper English from Europe in their brochure and yet , they spell tyre the American way. :cursing:. ( tire). This is unacceptable.
Bianchi is actually owned by a Swedish holding company. Why should a non U.K. company that markets its products globally use British English in its sales materials?
Just because you find it tyresome :whistle:

That said, most of the copy under 'components' does use 'tyre'...so your gripe should actually be around lack of consistency or poor proof reading ;)

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
As with guitars, the ideal number to own is n +1, where n is the number you already have. If you can afford it, and have space, and it will bring you joy, then why not.

On the other hand, I am a bit of a bargain shopper and have to rein myself in when I see a good deal on anything. The result of this is:

a) Some amazing bargains and

b) a lot of crap that I have never used and which sits in the cupboard under the stairs mocking me.

It's a beautiful bike, but if you aren't going to use it frequently it is a very expensive thing of beauty which will be depreciating. If you buy it, use it a lot.

Last edited:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
At the moment I own:

BMC Team Machine SLR03 road bike
Giant TCR Advanced - road bike
Bianchi Intenso Potenza - road bike
Bianchi All Road - all purpose (fitted with panniers and schwalbe marathon plus tyres).

Now I know this is very personal thing and each to their own but is it bad that I'd like to buy another road bike, bearing in mind that I love Bianchi and the road bike in question would be one of these:

https://epic-cycles.co.uk/bianchi-s...MIjuGLr9m24wIVDbDtCh22zQPyEAAYASAAEgJTQ_D_BwE

Buy it if you really like it I also have a BMC SLR03 like yourself plus a fair few other road bikes and I love them all. I have a few hung on the walls that I regard as pieces of art!

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
A thing of beauty is a joy forever
DSCF2412.JPG

Top Bottom