Buying another bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I felt like that about my old Saab. I got immense joy just looking at it through the living room window. At least a bike or guitar is a sunk cost once you've bought it, I suppose.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Your not married are you :smile:

Who? Me?

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Ah OK. I'm single so I suppose I could buy as many bikes I like if I have the funds!
Make sure you have room enough for them , that is the main thing I had to be careful about , no room for any more now but I think I have finally arrived at N , no further need for N+1 . I have a BMC SLR03 , 2006 Madone 5.5 , 2006 Madone 5.9sl , 2006 Trek 5000 TCT , Felt F55 , Felt FC , 2018 Roubaix Tiagra , 2018 Merlin Nitro Aero Dura Ace and Felt Q220 mountain bike

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
No I was meaning rustyblots. I'm lucky mrs73 is supportive when it comes to me and bikes. Even though the bikes are currently in the house hanging them on wall she'd kill me. ;)
Hasn't she a ton of clothes hanging in her wardrobe ? tell her she's lucky you're not out chasing women , getting constantly drunk or drugging or gambling etc. a few bikes in an innocent pursuit

tom73

Guru
Well not really she's good at stuff like that. The spare room maybe ok it's already doubles up as my pain cave and Mrs 73 has a bike too. I'd need to measure up mind :smile:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
If you're lucky you'll find someone who shares your interests, or can eventually be persuaded to. Which is why we have a house full of musical instruments and a garage full of car parts. There are at least 3 more guitars in other rooms, and a couple of trumpets somewhere. Plus youngest's 2 violins.
20190722_113922.jpg

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Trouble is, there are at least 3 or 4 that we don't play at all. They really need to go on eBay but you get emotionally attached to these things over the years. The irony is I am actually a very poor guitarist; I practise every day but I have no aptitude for it whatsoever.

I am new to biking but I would imagine you guys are the same - shed full of bikes, but only ride one or two. I really do need to get rid of a lot of stuff though - I don't want the kids to be left to sort our junk if we both die suddenly. I actually worry about that lol.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Trouble is, there are at least 3 or 4 that we don't play at all. They really need to go on eBay but you get emotionally attached to these things over the years. The irony is I am actually a very poor guitarist; I practise every day but I have no aptitude for it whatsoever.

I am new to biking but I would imagine you guys are the same - shed full of bikes, but only ride one or two. I really do need to get rid of a lot of stuff though - I don't want the kids to be left to sort our junk if we both die suddenly. I actually worry about that lol.
provided you don't get run over ! cycling will add years onto your life , wishing you happy and safe cycling

Top Bottom