buying on the net

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sticky sherbert

Hello all, all who care anyway.

I'm about to get back on a bike for first time in a decade, after much advice I know the bike I want to buy but are there any great probs with buying a bike on the net considering the price savings?

many thanks

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
If you know what you want, and the size you need, then its all very straight forward.

Only issue would be that you need to put it together when it arrives. You might miss out on a free service or two, but then you saved money that you can spend on that. All my bikes arrive in boxes ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
As the Bionic one says, if you know exactly what you want and know what size you need. Purchase away. Other wise stick to the LBS. Nothing beats checking out a bike before you buy.

Hello there!
We all care, well, most of us, just that not all of us know much! :blush:
As Six Million $ Man says, if you know what you want, size-wise, that is, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you assemble it properly.
Happy and safe riding. ;)

Tynan

Veteran
I wouldn't buy anything I was unsure of on the web, that's what a good LBS is all about after all, expert and experienced advice

OP
OP
sticky sherbert

sticky sherbert

Thanks for the advice all who cared, I went to two LBS's and got firm a NO to any deviation from the list price, as I am sure of the bike and size I will save myself £100 on the interwebby and grit my teeth till it arrives.
You can buy a lot of extras for £100

boybiker

Guru
sticky sherbert said:
Thanks for the advice all who cared, I went to two LBS's and got firm a NO to any deviation from the list price, as I am sure of the bike and size I will save myself £100 on the interwebby and grit my teeth till it arrives.
You can buy a lot of extras for £100

Its all about how you ask for money off ... Your LBS might not give you money off the bike but they maybe able to chuck in allot of extras. You might be surprised how much you can get when you ask.;)

gavintc

Guru
Peronally, I would not use the internet for a bike. I had some warranty issues recently with a frame and I have found the LBS an essential element in getting a replacement. I am not certain that I would have had the same level of support from an internet trader. In my example, shop owner looked at frame agreed it was a warranty problem, and acted on my behalf to get a replacement. He was extremely on-side and helpful.

Top Bottom