Bye Bye Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Well I've sold one of my bikes, the GT Nomad Sport. Auction ended today and buyer has already been to collect.

It's funny how attached you become to your bikes. Served me well for 2 years and 7 months, not that I used it much for the last year or so.

Been carded by the royal mail as well so tomorrow I can collect my new tyres for the MTB. some slicks so hopefully that will add a bit more ooomf to it and keep me from buying a new bike just yet.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:smile::tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It's always sad seeing a bike go. I've never actually been able to bring myself to sell any of mine, which could be why the car lives in the garden...

Crankarm

Guru
TheDoctor said:
It's always sad seeing a bike go. I've never actually been able to bring myself to sell any of mine, which could be why the car lives in the garden...

You mean you keep your bikes in your garage :smile:! Christ you're cruel to your bikes :angry: They should be inside the house - secure, warm and dry :smile:.

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:

It's a bit of a wrench, but I knew it was time to go. I hardly ever rode it and it was just taking up space.

Carrera with the slicks and rigid fork is proving a good move. Average speed on that bike has increased now and since the work bike shed is becoming a bit of a free for all, is making an ideal commuting hack. Found a scratch on my bar ends that wasn't there this morning. So I think it's a no go zone for my beloved Dawes now.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Crankarm said:
You mean you keep your bikes in your garage :thumbsup:! Christ you're cruel to your bikes :biggrin:! They should be inside the house - secure, warm and dry :wacko:.

I'd have to buy another house. There's bikes belonging to six different people in the garage. Well, garages.

Top Bottom